AutoPkgr uploads show RED in Casper Admin, don't download

mikemangino
New Contributor III

Hey folks,

So I've got AutoPkgr linked up with JSS, and it makes smart groups and policies, but it does NOT upload the PKGs properly. They show RED in Casper Admin, and the install fails from Self Service with a "not available on HTTP server" error.

I have tried: 1> reinstalling JSS Importer 2> modifying the preferences file as follows: defaults write com.github.autopkg JSS_VERIFY_SSL -bool false 3> adding the certificate downloaded from the JSS at "Download CA Certificate" and imported it into the System Keychain as "Always Trust"

STILL get errors where the PKG shows as MISSING in Casper Admin. Same MD5 all around.

What else can I try?

Thanks!!

10 REPLIES 10

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mikemangino Are you sure you properly configured your Distribution Points in AutoPkgr's Configure JSSImporter settings? The JSS API is used to create the entries for files, but you need to have the DPs properly configured for access to get the files uploaded (at least for SMB or AFP DPs, I've not used a JDS)

cliftoja
New Contributor III

Red is just an indicator that the database has not been updated. There is a slight delay after it finishes uploading for it to transfer the data to the database. Just be patient. It will change from red back to blue. I usually get this when I upload a large package like an OS upgrade.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

It's also worth mentioning that working with Casper Admin while AutoPkgr is adding files to your DPs is not a good idea.

mikemangino
New Contributor III

I have it configured it under the JSSImporter config, my only distribution point shows as "JAMF Distribution Server" and there are no other entries.

A PKG stayed red after sitting overnight.

edit: And I did not run Casper Admin at the same time that Autopkgr was uploading.

mikemangino
New Contributor III

bf1bc5ec79774421924919b2006eafc9

Looking at console, gives the impression everything goes smoothly?

mikemangino
New Contributor III

Thought maybe it had to do with AutoPkgr not connecting securely, and testing the connection with "Verify SSL" checked would fail. I modified the ssl_.py file as described here: https://github.com/sheagcraig/JSSImporter/issues/9#issuecomment-61490994 to enable TLSv1, and now it will connect with SSL verification, but all of the issues still persist. :|

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mikemangino Can you take a look at the Catalina log in the Tomcat/logs directory on your JSS for the timeframe when AutoPkgr was trying to do the uploads to see if there's any clues there?

mikemangino
New Contributor III

Hmm, this is a hosted instance. Is that still possible? Nothing obvious in the web control panel that I see, but I might be missing it?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mikemangino Not that I know of (I've only used Jamf's hosted JSS for their certification classes). Sounds like you need to contact Jamf support and get them involved in finding a solution to this problem

david_dondero
New Contributor II

@mikemangino Having the same issue as well. I had set up AutoPkgr to connect to a JAMF Hosted Eval and ran across this problem. Had JAMF setup another eval to troubleshoot and again running into the same issue.