Batch Apple ID Script and Verify AUSTRALIA

Caleb_Anderson
New Contributor III

Hey Guys,

I'm new to JAMF Nation and Casper - and need to create Apple ID's for our 250+ ipads.

Looking at the Batch Creator on https://github.com/aaronfreimark/Apple-ID-AppleScript
It's really great, but i'm not so great on Apple Scripting - so I think there is things in the script relating to the US Apple Store but I can't find it.

Does anyone have anything thats worked in Australia, on Itunes 12.1 and Yosemite.

Also does anyone have a Verify script for Gmail to then verify all of these newly created Apple ID's.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

have you tried this fork?

https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

Don't forget you will need to get your IP white listed with apple. Contact your Apple SE to get this done otherwise you'll trigger the anti fraud measures

I'm in Aus and I used this method about a year ago so it was itunes 11 and 10.9 but it worked for sure (800+ accounts).

For the verify we had the appleid's as aliases of a mail box so all the messages went to a single mail box then we had a data entry person go through that email account and click the link to verify. probably could have scripted it but it was getting close to the roll out so they just got a ex student in to do it.

Caleb_Anderson
New Contributor III

Thanks Calum - this is working perfectly.

I used Yosemite 10.10.3 and Itunes 12.1 for 192 accounts.

Cheers

ShaneW
New Contributor

Ive modified a UK version of the apple script above for the Australian itunes store and it works with itunes 12.1.2. Its referenced in the forums for the original script. Happy to send it to anyone who needs.

rsgrammar
New Contributor II

Hey ShaneW

are you able to send me a link to the script? wouldn't mind giving it a go.

KebsKebs
New Contributor II

Hi ShaneW,

Can you send me the Au Script as well?

alvin_willia
New Contributor

kingscollege

GM, I am NEWWWWWW to apple and scripting... can you share with me the script and the process you used to setup the csv file to setup the accounts... I can not seem to get it to run successfully... when I think it has completed, there are no accounts created... any help would be greatly appreciated...

danvzapt
New Contributor

Hi ShaneW,

Would you please be so kind to send me the modified version for the UK?

Thanks

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

@danvzapt why would you need that now, as there's Apple School Manager? school.apple.com

danvzapt
New Contributor

I've checked on the link and it seems that this is for schools and you need to enrol the institution. I work at a hospital and i need to create 700 Apple IDs, I've tried doing it with the script on the website but obviously it doesn't work out very well for the UK

Guihg
New Contributor

Is there someone who can help me create 1000 iCloud daily