I'm a new Jamf admin. I've been struggling with macOS updates (think 10.15.x (after a factory reset) to 10.15.7 Supplemental Updates).
Based on what I gathered from my Jumpstart,
(1) Download the "macOS Catalina 10.15.7 Supplemental Update 2" installer from Apple Support's website: https://support.apple.com/downloads
(2) Drag the pkg installer from the dmg file (no need to go through Composer) & upload straight to JSS
(3) Set up a new Policy & add the pkg file in. Make it available via Self-Service.
I've tried this workflow on different environments, particularly High Sierra (10.13.x) and Catalina (10.15.x):
- For High Sierra, the update failed (I used 10.13.6 Combo Update).
- For Catalina, the update went through, but it went into this reboot loop every 10 minutes. I'm not sure which part went wrong. I just did a factory reset.
I've also tried to use the Software Update payload from the Policy action, but it just installed everything that was prompted & that means Big Sur got installed as well.
If someone can point me in the right direction, that'd be deeply appreciated!