Best VPN Solution for Mac OS

GoranPOne10
New Contributor II

What would be the best VPN solution that meets the following requirements
o Two factor authentication  1. Active Directory Domain Authentication  2. Second factor- ? • Conditional Access • Certificates • RADIUS via NPS in Azure?
o Always on or VPN before logon
o Easy Enterprise level deployment with JAMF

I should also note that we started testing the Microsoft Azure VPN on our windows clients. So the question popped up if this is a good solution for Macs as well.

4 REPLIES 4

iweiss
New Contributor III

Not sure about "RADIUS via NPS in Azure", but I believe that GlobalProtect ticks most of these boxes.

GoranPOne10
New Contributor II

Hello Ian, thank you for your response, Is it supporting the native mac client or do we have to use theirs.

iweiss
New Contributor III

Hey Goran! GlobalProtect is deployed with a pkg that creates an App bundle in the /Applications folder. However, most interaction takes place via a menu bar icon. Full disclosure, I am associated with Palo Alto Networks. If you want to try it or just know more details, I would be happy to put you in touch with one of the awesome folks there.

nsoc-andrep
New Contributor

also depends on what infrastructure you are using to have conditional access working?
what firewalls are you using? global protect is included for windows and mac with your firewalls but if you want the conditional access you need an extra palo alto license.