BitDefender Uninstall via Jamf Pro

j_allenbrand
Contributor

Hi, We are trying to find a way to un-install BitDefender via JAMF, and not use the manual uninstaller on 180 users.

Has anyone had any experience on doing so?

11 REPLIES 11

mack525
Contributor II

@j_allenbrand Maybe this can help Bitdefender Python Script We manage to uninstall the majority of our devices from the bitdefender portal. Hope this helps.

j_allenbrand
Contributor

I didn't see a way to uninstall via https://cloud.gravityzone.bitdefender.com

Let me try this script.

j_allenbrand
Contributor

Executing Policy BitDefender Test Uninstaller
Running script BitDefender Python Uninstaller Test...
Script exit code: 0
Script result:

mack525
Contributor II

Still stuck on this?

michaelgarcia
New Contributor II

Hi,
This is something I'm also interested in - I've tried the python script but get the same results as the OP posted. Bitdefender remains unfortunately, no change as far as I can see.

Many thanks
Michael

seraphina
Contributor II

If you are using Endpoint Protection you could deploy a script like so. If not, try checking /Library for stuff relating to BD.
I would also create a smart group or logic in the script to make sure it's only executing on machines that actually have these files present.
Aditionally, if you have your BD install in a package in the JSS and index it, you can create a policy to uninstall it as well.

#!/bin/bash
cd /Library/BitDefender/AVP/Uninstaller/EndpointSecurityForMacUninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS
./EndpointSecurityforMacUninstaller

DVG
New Contributor III

So, our packages have a password.  Is there a way we can include that in the uninstall script and perhaps run it silently?  We are running from BitDefender and want to get rid of it on several dozen test subjects.

Dusty VanGilder

maxiakra
New Contributor

Our installations are also password protected, same as DVG's, so would love to see a way to remove them somehow too.

https://www.bitdefender.com/support/silent-uninstallation-of-password-protected-endpoint-security-fo...

You may need to change the line to 

sudo /Library/Bitdefender/AVP/common.bundle/UninstallTool --password=[password]

jtEMS
New Contributor

When using @seraphina 's script, the uninstaller opens successfully, prompting the user to Close or Uninstall. Is there a way to automatically tell the uninstaller to go ahead and uninstall? Is there no getting around needing a user to click the Uninstall button? Thank you.

MacJunior
Contributor III

@jtEMS did you manage to find away to uninstall it without user interaction?