Boot Camp Imaging Woes

powellbc
Contributor II

I am using a WincClone based image using the latest version of it and the Casper Suite with no luck. I am trying multiple combinations:

1. Creating a Configuration that does not have Mac image. Instead just adding an NTFS partition with the Boot Camp image assigned.
  2. Creating a configuration as above but also deploting a fresh OS X image to it as well.
  3. Creating a configuration that references the Boot Camp image directly (as opposed to the partition tab of the config) and applying it to an existing boot camp partition.

In all cases the process to deploy the boot camp image starts but it immediately finishes and there is no image on the drive (as you might guess). Coupled with the dearth of documentation surrounding this issue I am lost.

Does anyone have any pointers? I have already referred to the article Creating Images with Winclone for Deployment with Casper Imaging and everything checks out.

4 REPLIES 4

daworley
Contributor II

Check permissions on the files in the CasperShare. I have had a few situations where problems like you describe are fixed by propagating permissions down onto all contents.

powellbc
Contributor II

Is this the Casper Read account or the service account? They both have adequate permissions on the file.

powellbc
Contributor II

I'll also mention our share is a Windows SMB share... Not sure if that matters.

powellbc
Contributor II

The issue has been resolved. I was seeing an error in the JSS log stating the partition created was too small. I increased the partition from 60 to 80 GB and then it imaged fine.

Apparently a lot of swap space is required for the deployment.