Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Path with Spaces in a Variable

I am working on a script that will check if an application is present and then run some commands. I am trying to write this so that I can easily change it later for a different application so I am putting the application and the path in a variable. T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logs not populating

We are currently having an issue where no log history is being collected for computer usage. If I select the computer -> Go to history tab -> Then selecting Computer Usage Logs The log is entirely empty. Has anyone else encountered this issue?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 deferred enablement

On some of our Macs when running the FileVault2 Encryption policy it seems like it successfully runs but when you check the logs you see it says "FileVault is off, deferred enablement appears to be enabled for active user: username"Ive flushed the po...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Reference Active Directory Security Groups

In the past I came up with a little EA that would look into AD and see all of the SG's that a user was a part of. I could then scope access to that based on the result. This worked great, but now that we are migrating away from bound mobile accounts ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Certificate - configuration profile

We have set up ADCS and for machine certificates it work fine.Our setup is that we have No ldap setup and mac´s are not bound to AD (using Nomad)We also want user to be able to assign user certificates . But as we have no user assigned to the machine...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Unload/Load Launch Agent run as user?

Is it possible to unload or load a Launch Agent being run as a user? I know all scripts are executed as root. We have an auto-save utility that is run via launch agent at ~/Library/LauncheAgents and we need to unload it to stop it and then load it wh...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Macbook Pro 2018 - Mojave upgrade fails

Hi all, Wonder if anyone is experiencing the same issue as me. Mojave is out (obviously), and it's up to version 10.14.1. I have upgraded our JAMF Pro to 10.8 to match it. I have made macOS Mojave 10.14.1 available via Self Service. I have tested it ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

AnyConnect 4.5 and Proxy PAC

We are currently using Cisco AnyConnect v4.5 to connect to our Cisco VPN. Prior to the connection we have internet access, once connected to the VPN the ASA is pushing a blank configuration wiping the proxy settings. We have already engaged Cisco and...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's New on Jamf Nation - November & December 2018

Season’s Greetings from the Jamf Nation team! Here’s what’s new on Jamf Nation since early October. Jamf Nation- You are now able to manage JNUC Mini-Events, User Group Events, and Tags that you follow from your Follows page.- Jamf Connect is now ava...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 4 kudos

PPPC Settings to behave like High Sierra

Hello all. Starting to get into this mess of whitelisting a bunch of various processes. I personally am not super excited about giving my users the ability to allow or deny background processes via a confusing dialog box. Quite honestly, I'd rather j...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco ISE - JAMF

We are moving to Cisco ISE in near future. Is there any known API etc, where Cisco Ise can get info from JAMF in authenticating devices. I am thinking about EAP-TLS WIfi, there Cisco Ise could verify devices in Jamf, but somehow a link between the 2 ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Software upgrades during check-in

Still relatively new to jamf so forgive me for what could totally be a noob question... When I update packages for a policy (say to go from version 6 to 7) of a particular software, how do I ensure that all the previous machines that are being manage...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP API Integrator

We are in need of an API integrator to allow us to use DEP. We are a higher ed institution with a computer store (reseller) and we also purchase all of our computer for the college through this store. In order for us to get DEP we need an API integra...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSL Keystore password

I'm using the latest JAMF Pro. I don't remember creating a keystore password. I am trying to import a legit ssl cert to replace the self signed cert. I am being asked for the keystore password... I don't know it. What do I do now?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using findfile to find multiple files?

Hi All, I am using this bash script to find, and report on a file i need found on my managed computers. !/bin/sh findFile="Illegal.mp4"myFile=mdfind $findFileif [[ -n $myFile ]]; then echo "FOUND" exit 99fiexit 0 I found it in this threadhttps://www....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Untangle SSL Root Cert Failure

I'm trying to push an SSL certificate for the SSL inspector rack in an Untangle firewall. The cert uploads fine in the config profile, but it fails every time and gives me "The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format."  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Allow Find My Mac, but Disable rest of iCloud.

I looked through the iCloud discussion section and didn't exactly find an answer to my question. I want to enable iCloud for the sole purpose of allowing Find My Mac, but I do not want any of other features to allow any files to be backed up to iClou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

EAP-TLS Wifi - without AD ?

We are running Jamf with nomad - so no bound to AD. We managed to get machine certificate to Mac from the WIndow CA, as the goal was to get EAP-TLS working But we cannot manage to get the EAP-TLP working. Everytime when connecting and choosing the Ma...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf 200 / CCT in India | Bangalore

Hi there!! We have organised a Jamf 200 training and certification in Bangalore, starting 22/01/19 till 25/01/19. You can reach me at +91-9449341722 / santosh.rknst@icloud.com for more information. Happy learning   View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors