Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Display Dialog/Notification at Login Event

I'm trying to build a script to show a notice to users once they login. I'm running into 2 problems.1) The Login event doesn't seem to execute reliably2) Login event seems to be in this in-between where the desktop isn't up so you can't display a dia...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove DEP

We were testing DEP for iOS devices a couple of years back but decided not to manage iOS devices through Jamf Pro. Now we have an expired DEP token and an unused Prestaged Enrollment policy. I assume we should just delete both of these? Is there any ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policies and JAMF Admin

Hello, The last couple of machines that we have enrolled in user initiated enrolment have had their config profiles installed, but when the policies try to run installing PKG's for the likes of Office, Chrome etc they all fail saying there is a HTTP ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto assign user's department based off title.

Is it possible for me to have my JSS auto assign a user to a department based off of what their title is? I currently have a config where when a user signs into Enterprise Connect it will then recon that Mac to the currently signed in user in Enterpr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Point Release Update Installation Times

It seems like since either High Sierra or Mojave, point release updates (e.g. 10.14.4 or 10.14.3) take forever to install. The 10.14.3 Supplemental Update took about 40 minutes to install on a machine that had the first iteration of 10.14.3, which, g...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage Enrollments refresh button

Hi all. Since the last update, on our console web page, the "Refresh" button as disappear on the PreStage Enrollments tab. When adding new serials on Apple MDF, we used to apply the refresh button to force the serials into the PreStage Enrollments av...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Connect 1.2.0 has shipped!

Good morning Jamf Nation, We’re excited to launch Jamf Connect 1.2.0, integrated with Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, and OneLogin! This release continues to make better account management and security with Macs and cloud identity providers possible. Jamf C...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Deploying macOS Upgrades with Jamf Pro

According to http://docs.jamf.com/technical-papers/jamf-pro/deploying-macos-upgrades/9.21/Packaging_and_Deploying_the_macOS_Installer.html Specifically: After dragging the Mojave install.app into Jamf admin it is suppose to extact the InstallESD.dmg ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Skype for Business Auto Detect Servers

Trying to get Skype for Business deployed to some macs. It will install with no issues however when signing in, it will not auto detect servers. Microsoft help is lacking. Anyone have any experience with deploying Skype for business via JAMFand havin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Lost Mode, no Wi-Fi, Ethernet doesn't connect

Hi everyone, Once again, we find ourselves having to restore two student iPads because the Ethernet connection isn’t working when in Lost Mode. Two students lost their iPads, so we located them by triggering Lost Mode on both devices. They were broug...  View more

23b984055dc040459db1567c06f89d92
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mac Touch ID Timeout

I have been searching for some time and not been able to come up with anything so far. I was wondering if anyone has been able to reduce the timeout on the Touch ID enablement? Currently I believe it is set to 24 hours inactive, then you must enter y...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Report: External Devices

Hello, I am currently implementing an IT Asset Management Systems and would like to obtain the serial number, Model and manufacturer in an extension attribute. I have run into some walls with some of the scripts I have tried. I have obtained about 50...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

32bit Warnings

So it turns out Mojave likes to warn users when they fire up a 32bit application (or a 64bit app that has a 32bit component somewhere inside).Does anybody know if JAMF can be used to silence these warnings but only for specific applications.I dont wa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory not displaying properly?

Hi! Just curious if anyone has seen this. Recently our inventory display is messed up when searching computers, and seems to have appeared after the newest JSS. I've tried clearing and rebuilding the display but still getting the same thing. Thoughts...  View more

df6ecc41c41d41cdb243670b33a3e322
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

App Behaves Differently if Installed from Self Service

I have an app that scans VINs and looks up the vehicle info and shows me the available parts at the auto parts store. If I install it from the App Store it shows up in Settings and when I launch it it asks for permission to use the camera. Everything...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office for Mac 2019 Automagically Updating Labs?

What's everyone doing nowaday to keep labs and machines up to date without having to push out packages every time a new update comes out? Currently we have a sketchy script solution that is not exactly what we hoped it'd be. Anyone have any suggestio...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfPro Server Resourse Hungry

I built my JamfPro server on a CentOS 7 VM. It is not a repo or distribution point just the apache tomcat server and the mysql server. It uses a lot more RAM that I was expecting. I started with 2gig and quickly noted it was using almost all of it. T...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change default save location

We've implemented nomad and are moving all user files from windows based AD locations to google drive. Does anyone know if there is a way to make all save dialog boxes point to google drive file stream?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Help with upgrading users to Mojave

I have been using a document that I received from JAMF entitled "Upgrading to macOS High Sierra" in order to upgrade our users to macOS Mojave. This process uses a script from GitHub and an installer packaged up in Jamf Composer.This process has work...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors