Boston-area JAMF User's Group

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

The Iowa group post got me thinking that having a Boston area group would be really great. Myself, I focus in high-security environments but I wouldn't want to limit to any particular user area. Depending on size, we can have sub-groups and areas of interest.

Being Fidelity, we have loads of meeting space and we've hosted things like this in the past (sometimes with the help of Apple) and I could likely kick off something pretty easily.

207 REPLIES 207

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Just a heads up, the event time is marked in CST. That may throw some people off who think it's 6-8 EST

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

It is tough for me to make it to Boston, so I can represent CT 'sometimes'. I'm trying to make this event be a sometime. :)

thoule
Valued Contributor II

Thanks @adamcodega Time has been fixed and it's now 'North East Regional User Group'.

It looks like a JAMF rep is likely to attend and an Apple rep unlikely at this point. We should also have pizza for people, but still confirming. Please RSVP using the User Group link. (https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=36).

I look forward to seeing everyone!

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Makes sense to me. After all these "private" CUGs came about when JAMF stopped having the regional user groups in favor of the JNUC. I'm just glad that it seems like a number of folks will be going!

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

If there's anything you'd like help with, a Twitter account or anything else, let me know.

Shameless plug: I run LOPSA RI myself

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

See you all this evening!~

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Thanks @thoule for hosting the meeting last evening. It was our best turnout yet for one of these, so a success as far as I'm concerned. And thanks to the presenters for what they showed and providing some good talking points for the group.
I look forward to the next meeting!

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yes, great get together! JAMF, Apple, edu and enterprise administrators all in one meeting. It's great to see what everyone is doing, especially those who couldn't make the JNUC! I can only hope that other JUGs are going well. With that said, there looks like there might be another New England JUG starting shortly in Portland Maine! Ha, now I might get two JUGs!

P.S. Boston has the best pizza.