Branding Self Service

kerouak
Valued Contributor

So, I've replaced the login icon, downloaded self service and all ok.
I replaced the image with another, re downloaded the SElf Service app, this time, It still retains the old log...
Any ideas??

Permissions are the same, Removed all pref files etc.

5 REPLIES 5

joshuasee
Contributor III

Did you mean old login window? Empty the cache in /Users/username/Library/Caches/com.jamfsoftware.selfservice/ .

tangerinehuge
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem. I replaced the logo with a new, almost identical file and I removed that directory. The logo is still the same. I'm able to get the background to change color by editing the CSS but the most I can make the logo do is disappear. Something changed since 9.5 because I was able to replace the logo with no trouble on that version.

maiksanftenberg
Contributor II

@emilykausalik did a great job to describe how to re-brand Self Service for your own needs.
Have a look here: www.modtitan.com/2014/10/branding-jss.html

tangerinehuge
New Contributor III

Unfortunately those techniques don't appear to work anymore. I've been rebranding self service since version 8 and something changed between 9.5 and 9.61. I'm also using Linux, not OS X so the paths are different, although that really shouldn't affect anything. I'm guessing something may be broken in the latest Linux build but I'm not entirely sure. I have a support case open now and I'll post the resolution when I get it.

tangerinehuge
New Contributor III

I think I finally got it working after clearing the cache and copying the files to both our limited access server and our internal administrative server. I'm not sure why that would matter but as long as it does, I'm happy.