Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Any LanDesk Client issues?

I'm pretty new to Casper, and just starting to explore policies, so I may be making a newbie mistake, here. We're pushing out LanDesk Client in order to have a single point for inventory and the like. Using Casper Remote the police (Casper's original...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Server Losing DNS

I know this is a known issue with Mac Servers within a Windows environment, but about every 15-20 days our lone Mac Server is losing its DNS. There are multiple fixes all over google but I'm not sure which one is going to solve this issue. Our DNS te...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Applications

Is there a way in casper to setup a list of applications that are allowed to run for non-administrators or a list of blocked applications? Michael BondProfessional TechnologistWVU LibrariesOffice.: 304-293-0340Cell....: 304-282-0640Email.: Michael.Bo...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-update message

Hello Everyone,I’m wanting to display a message using a script set to ‘before’ to tell people updates are running behind the scenes. Using some of the scripts posted here previously, I made the following applescript: display dialog "Your Computer is ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.6 deployment

Hi Everyone, I know I am a little behind here, but I am trying to figure out how to roll out a basic or full install of 10.6 or higher. I have a new iMac with the latest OS installer and I thought if I made a .dmg of that install disk, that I could C...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add Item to Dock

Has anyone else experienced an issue where when you have a policy add an item to the dock that the dock will revert to the default, with that one dock item added? I'm trying to push out a Self Service dock item to all our staff members, but when I di...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fwd: Get AD container information

networksetup throws that error when running without root privs. but dscl localhost -read /Active Directory/All Domains/Computers/`scutil —getComputerName` dn works too.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Single Click Install for Mac OS X

Hi, I need to create a Single Click Install for Mac OS X. One of our enterprise clients require it immediately. Please suggest as soon as possible. Just user need to double click the package, it should install in the background silently and after ins...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

PGP

As some of you may know I have written about my experiences with the PGP 10 client here earlier. We are still having some issues, where every time a client logs into his / her system, they are prompted to re-enroll with PGP. This is regardless of the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get AD container information

Is there a way to get the Mac's AD container information? I am anticipating that this will come up when auditing so it would be great to have this be a part of the inventory system. I currently have our McAfee virus defs version and date do the same ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firmware updating

Thought I'd throw it out there and see if I'm doing this right, or even on the right mindset. So it's up to users to install the actual firmware patch to their machines right?If I force their machines to download apple patches every week, the updates...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory unmanaged computers

I was just wondering how some of you may handle the inventory of unmanagedcomputers. I am mainly looking at keeping track of software licensing, andwant some of my unmanaged clients to still update their inventory once aweek automatically. Is this po...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

netbooting...

Hi everyone, My clients are getting a message that is asking where is the Finder isnearly every time I netboot a client to my Casper nbi. Does anyone knowhow to fix this? Normally, I just have my techs hit cancel but I'm hopingto have clients re-imag...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2008 and EWS

Hi- Has anyone had any issues/pointers in packaging Office 2008 12.2.3 andEntourage EWS? I had them as two separate packages (12.2.3 as priority 10,EWS as priority 11) and on Imaging I end up with Setup Assistant crashing.The 12.2.3 package all on it...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes / Composer / Remote

We are trying to deploy some apps via iTunes. It was suggested to us touse Casper to monitor the file system for changes and build a packagethat way. So I launch Composer, build a new package with monitoring file system,open iTunes, copy our provisio...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old OS on new hardware, New OS on Old hardware, anyone?

All, I need to install Leopard, on some newer iMac’s, that have Snow Leopard shipped on them. Does anyone know if I create an install image from Disk with InstaDMG, or with Casper, if the information that checks the hardware is stripped out, or ignor...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Software to Currently Logged in User

Is there a way in to deploy packages/DMG's (created via Composer) with Casper Remote and install the /Users/username files only to the currently logged-in user on the machines to which you deploy said package? I know I could just fill existing users,...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences for PAC file

Hi All, I'm trying to set up managed preferences to point all of my Macs at aProxy server via a PAC file. Does anyone out there have any experiencewith this or maybe a different way to achieve the same goal? Actually,now that I think of it this could...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Survey: JSS Server Environment

Hi everybody- We're getting very close to the release of Casper Suite 7.2, but have stumbled upon an issue that wasn't foreseen. The 7.2 version of the JSS requires Java 6, but unfortunately, Apple only makes Java 6 available for 64-bit Intel process...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Summary reporting?

I'm sure there's a simple way to pull this but can someone help me to determine how many Macs updated their system updates successfully? I have 300 clients do a weekly check on Tuesday, then the next 300 Wednesday, etc. Is there any easy way to pull ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Final Cut Studio

All, I have been trying without success to package the Final Cut Studio suite. I have tried to package JUST Final Cut and this hasn't been any better. Essentially, I am able to grab the users data, but when it comes back down from the server and I op...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

issue with Firefox 3.6 and Logs from Casper Remote

Hi , Since I updated to Firefox 3.6 I cannot longer open the Logs on Casper Remote after deploying packages.If I enable Safary as default web browser then it works Has anybody seen this? Any ideas how to fix it? Many thanks in advancecheers Carmelo L...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

IP Address script with AppleScript dialog window

I whipped this up today and thought I would share. I threw it into Automator in a "Run Shell Script" action and saved it out asan application. Then I replaced the default *.icns file with something alittle more appropriate and pushed it out to /Appli...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors