Bypass Login with SSO Login

dgkanavias
New Contributor

I am trying to bypass the login page and login with SSO but i face some severe difficulties at this part , does anyone implement this ? Or generally it can be done or not ?

Thanks in Advance !

10 REPLIES 10

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@dgkanavias which all are you taking about?

dgkanavias
New Contributor

Well , i implement the SSO part at the server , so when the user type the jss url , the server demands a SSO login , but after that there is the actual jss login . the one i want to bypass by using the given credentials from the SSO login . Is that possible or ever done by anyone ?

jonnydford
Contributor II

SSO is not currently implemented by Casper.

dgkanavias
New Contributor

So the only solution is to change the actual code of the login page and general the server settings in order to implement the SSO ?

psd_martinb
New Contributor III

SAML support would be a blessing. Especially for user enrollment and staff login.

dgkanavias
New Contributor

I try to implement this by changing the login.jsp page and generally the server settings but i face severe difficulties , this is why i ask if someone managed to do this at the past or tries to do ?

psd_martinb
New Contributor III

@dgkanavias This will probably require much more than editing the jsp files. It would require modifying the source code and compiling the JSS to a new war file with maven. You'd be at risk of JSS updates blowing away these changes too.

psd_martinb
New Contributor III

I found this Feature Request: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=2966
It seems as if it is planned for a release this summer.

dgkanavias
New Contributor

Yeah , i read this . But i would like to find out if somebody knows which class exactly is responsible for storing the user info ?

Moreover , it is possible to add a .class file to the existing directories without creating a new war file ?

EREAFSNJAMF
New Contributor III

When SSO is enabled as I understand will be your primary auth method i.e.
We use Azure here, so when entering your server name in browser, it auto directs to auth server then gives access.
If needing to bypass SSO auth type /?failover at end of server url