Calibrate iMac display for Photoshop/ Multi User Environment

jbanks
New Contributor III

Is it possible to build a policy (or create a package even) to push out calibrated settings for the display? My art department users would like the ability to have the colors calibrated to better reflect what they think it should look like.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

That might be tough, since each display is a little different. What we did was purchase a screen calibrator (Sypder5) and went to each computer and calibrated them that way. Little time consuming but it works!

lynnaj
New Contributor III

As @Dylan_YYC said - each monitor has to be separately color calibrated. As an add on however, if you are careful you can collect up those separate color calibration files, package them up and re-send them to the macs whenever you need to (like when you "re-image" the macs). You just want to be sure that the correct color calibration file gets re-applied to the correct mac.

And, of course, you need to be careful of putting those color calibration files in the correct Library. By default they often end up in the user specific library when you really want them in the system library so that everyone that uses that computer can access them.

Hope it helps.

PE2000
Contributor

Hi

I got this response from Spyder company

Each Spyder will need to be activated on each computer with the serial number that is found in the packaging. I also want to mention this since you are working in a computer lab, each computer will need to be running as an Admin for correct access to the Profiles folder.

Any ideas? user will not have admin access...

c_archibald
Contributor II

Look into ColorMunki. Our Photo & Video guys here use it.
https://www.xritephoto.com/colormunki