Can I push a carts Apple ID to it via Casper?

Jquarles
New Contributor

I wanted to cut some time down by syncing the apple IDs for each cart while configuring them. Is this possible? Wasnt sure if this was available or hidden somewhere in casper or Configurator.

4 REPLIES 4

Sean_Ginn
New Contributor II

If you can figure out how to do this, please let me know.

Jquarles
New Contributor

BUMP

Dane_A
New Contributor

I'd like to know this as well. Prior to moving to Casper, our shared iPads (180 total) used the same AppleID and were managed with Apple Configurator. This summer we are moving them over to Casper with our 1-to-1 iPads, specifically so the teachers can use Casper Focus with the cart iPads. I haven't yet determined what the best practice would be in our situation.

Joseph_Morris
Contributor

I heard a rumor that it was possible to use 1 Apple ID and push it to iOS devices somehow. It was a discussion in passing with an Apple SE and I didn't catch all of the conversation.

@Dane.A If you're looking to roll out 1-1 iPads, you can definitely give us a call at Westside. We're rolling out iPads K - 6 this fall and we have the process pretty well worked out. Inside the Apple DEP/VPP sites, there is a way to bulk create Apple IDs for users under 13 with parental consent. There is also a requirement for the parents to initially set the password for the account.