Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

missing receipt

Today I was going to build smart groups, based on which "ideal image" was originally used to image a machine. One somewhat successful smart group was built using the criteria "Packages Installed By Casper ... has ... Mac 10.6.8 July 2012 v6.2.dmg". A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups and Receipt Info

I've got six Apple security updates loaded into Casper, 2013-001, 002 and 003 for both 10.6.8 and 10.7.5. I'm about to deploy the 003 updates using smart groups > Receipt Info > Packages Installed By Casper > Does not have > 'newpackagename' But when...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin prefs "Modification Date"

After wasting time and losing hair, updating packages, testing and seeing the same log errors, redoing them, testing them, same errors....arghhh!!!!...well, I discovered that Casper Admin's sync preferences defaults to "File Size" which I don't remem...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD password change/Keychain password update

I know this topic has been brought up many times, but I still have not found an ideal solution to our particular situation, so I wanted to get some input from you folks. I know it's not exactly a jamf issue but... We do not allow our users to set the...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

See what policies are executing on a computer?

I'm having an issue with a specific computer where, according to JSS, it hasn't checked in since 6/17. The policy I have run/ran is one where it removes a specific User profile. In the JSS, this computer still shows this profile installed, however, i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone deploying CS 5.5/6 at Imaging?

AAMEE-generated package being served from an SMB share, so we've put the package on a DMG and using the script referenced here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=161 Everything installs fine as a policy (cache DMG, run script after)...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus app issues

Tried to set up Casper Focus for a client yesterday - ran into an issue with the Casper Focus app. Seems like it will only accept https://servername.domain.tld:8443 - does not accept https://servername:8443 (the domain.tld search domain is provided b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Maximum number of NetBoot clients

We have Mac Pro servers (10.8.2) as NetBoot servers over 1Gb network. Just wondering if anyone has 10Gb Ethernet card connected to their Mac Servers and gained massive increase of clients numbers it can NetBoot? What's your NetBoot setup?Maximum numb...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove old CalDAV account

We recently switched our email service and I'm now in the process of depreciating old servers and firewall port. I've closed a port and am seeing loads of block logs flooding things because most users still have their iCal CalDAV accounts point to th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dell driver with multiple installers?

I was following this link https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6885 to dump the installer to /pvt/tmp and run install -pkg -tgt /... this has worked pretty well, however now with this MFP driver I got, it's got 3 separate installer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurator + Enrollment Profile - fails

Seeing this with Configurator 1.3, if I Prepare devices with an exported/downloaded JAMF Enrollment profile, all of the other config profiles are installed/applied except the enrollment profile fails (I am deploying a wireless configuration and that ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Packages Failing

Has anyone had much experience with this? The pkgs I create from the CCP install fine when I run the original pkg but they fail when I import the pkg into Casper Admin then try and run via Self Service. I've tried importing the pkg into CA as well th...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI Password already set?

We are attempting to install an EFI password on some test machines and are experiencing some issues. Our procedure is as follows: (1) Put the setregproptool inside /Library/ApplicationSupport/JAMF/bin(2) Create a .pkg package for the setregproptool t...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS7 and supervising devices

Without going into details and violating any TOS has anyone else had issues supervising and iOS7 device? Any help would be welcome. I you want to email me so we are openly discussing unreleased software on a forum would be great. ThanksRyan  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging logs not being created?

I am new to Casper Imaging. I have successfully created an image and on July 12th successfully imaged a computer using Casper Imaging 8.64. I then modified and recompiled the image and have had mixed successes and failures since then however none of ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Basics

I am having a hard time figuring out where to start. I have created 2 base images, but my next goal is to update all of the software that we currently use including plug ins, and I just don't know where to start. I would appreciate any step by step i...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacbookAir6,2 Netboot NilObjectException Imaging Errors

We're experiencing NilObjectException Errors while imaging our MacbookAir6,2's using ThunderBolt to Ethernet from our 10.8.4 NetBoot Image. Is there any sufficient documentation to fix this on the 8.72 JSS. It's almost 50/50 as to when it occurs, I c...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Redeeming codes for already owned apps

We are having a problem with users redeeming codes through the self-service app for apps that they already own. I didn't think this would be a problem because iTunes allows you to re-download any apps you have purchased without charging you a second ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors