Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

turing a single Sudo cmd into a shell script

Hi All, Very new to OSX command line so I apologize if these are bush league questions. So I have a single line sudo command that I need to deploy to our 500+ OSX systems. The command is to add additional DNS search domains to the network config of e...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Image Utility stripping proxy settings

Has anyone encountered this.... I needed to create a 10.8 netboot set with pre-defined proxy settings.Once I create the NBI with 10.8 System Image Utility... the netbooted Macs do NOT have the prox settings I saved in the original image. Can this be ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supervised Ipad question

Helping a client prepare 6,000+ ipads for school. Debating whether to use Configurator to prepare them or to supervise them before enrolling in the JSS Question, if I supervise them by restoring them all from a single Ipad backup with a wifi setting,...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random policy error....

Situation.... we have 11 mac labs... 21 mac each labs...2 of those labs are brand new imac with Fusion drive we have 1 policy very simple running at startup and than another one also on startup to delete and reinstall printer queue. randomly, every m...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API cannot view computercommands

When I attempt to view: https://address:8443/JSSResource/computercommands I get the message: Internal Server Error UDID or Computer ID must be set to save You can get technical details here. Please continue your visit at our home page. I have authent...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why do icons duplicate in Self Service?

So when you duplicate a policy in Self Service, the icons get duplicated in the database. It isn't a reference back to the original icon, it is an new entry and takes up more space in the DB and in the icon selection page. I brought this up with JAMF...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Office 2011 renaming folders

I've seen this problem for a while, but now we have an exec asking about it. For some reason when we go to add a folder or rename one, the text/edit box acts as if you press enter or click off the edit. Often leaving "New Folder" as the name of the f...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parallels 8 Administration Whitepaper?

We've recently upgraded our per user Parallels 8 licensing to an enterprise license and were looking for a similar white-paper of the Parallels 7: Administering Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac. Does this exist for Parallels 8, or does anyone have the exp...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 7 Update 25 Install

Im trying to install java 7 update 25 on osx 10.8 using casper policy and casper imaging. Every way I try to install this doesn't seem to work and java applets say that I need to install java. I have tried pulling the oem package out of the dmg and i...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question for the shell script gurus

Hi Everyone, I have been tasked with deploying a script to our mobile systems that will add several new search domains to the DNS config. I have a working script that "changes" the current search domain, but what I need to do is have it add a new ent...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes - Installation Error - Common?

Hi All - It seems whenever I deploy certain packages, namely iTunes, Flash, or Java (note, I use the vendor .pkg) - a small percentage of my machines generate the following error: Event log from the policy: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.71 Executing Po...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacing the self-signed JSS certificate

Prior to enrolling an OSX client, if I update the Tomcat certificate with one from an internal Microsoft CA, does the client need to trust the Tomcat certificate to successfully enroll and get configuration profiles? Basically I'm replacing the certi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Database Question - Applications Table 12gb

Hi Guys Our JSS database Applications table has blown out to 12gb. Now im not sure if this is normal or not as we only have 700 apple laptops that use the JSS. Its something thats sort of gone unnoticed for a while i suspect that at some point the ti...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VMware fusion vms on external usb disk

Hi guys Does anyone know how to make VMware fusion recognise my vms on an external drive? I'm on a laptop and I keep running out of space. I'm kinda thinking of symbolic links. Has anyone else done something similar?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

The British are coming!!

... To JNUC 2013... Well I am anyways. Any of my fellow Brit Forum members going too? If so, where you staying & are you flying from London? Cem, Tim, Myron?  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Few questions about Casper

Hello All, Im posting a few questions and hope you guys have some pointers for me : How to apply mac os 10.8 updates auto. in casper for non admin user ? How to package updates for smart notebook with composer ? How to remotely delete smart response ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot from Lion Server - "Error loading kernelcache"

Hi, I'm having difficulty with Netboot from an Xserve running Lion Server. We are in a different subnet but have a helper address in the firewall that is the gateway between the two subnets. When I try netbooting from one of our client mac's by holdi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Computer Importer Tool

Hey all.I have been playing with the JSS Computer Import Tool.Essentially we want to bulk import a list of computers into the JSS.We want these computer records to have the serial number of the computer, the asset tag and the computer users "username...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error despite package run success

Weird one here. I'm trying to make a deployable Bootcamp image through Self Service. I have properly made Winclone image which has been successfully tested through the command line. I have a script that "appears" to work that is loosely based on anot...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Machine not in scope tab

I have a machine that will not show up in scope tabs for any policies or configuration profiles. I've tried re-imaging it a couple times, as well as deleting any history of it from inventory. It shows up fine in inventory search after re-image and I ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Once Per Computer": Reset After Imaging?

I plan to use the "once per computer" execution frequency in some of my policies, but I'd like to know if computers where the policy has already executed once have their status reset after being imaged. In other words, if I image a machine, will once...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors