Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 6 kudos

FUT & FEU Question

Afternoon all,I've not explored these options much but I do understand the general premise. I have a scenario which I am a bit unsure of however and am seeking your advise. I am creating a package (.dmg) which will add holidays to a user's Outlook 20...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer Usage Logs for Multiple Computers

Hi All, I'm at a loss right now trying to figure out how to create a log for application usage log for multiple machines in the JSS. Page 182 of the 9.1 Admin guide shows how to show a log for a single computer. We would like to be able to see a usag...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Patching over the Internet

One interesting feature I saw in the Google tool Munki/Simian (http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2011/01/simian-mac-os-x-package-deployment-via.html) is that you can push patches to Macs even when they're off the corporate network. Is this possib...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 8.73 Freezing when trying to replicate

Hey all,So I've found that after upgrading my work computer to Mavericks, each time I try to replicate the distribution point to our second one, Casper Admin 8.73 freezes. If I use the app on a Mountain Lion machine it still works normally.Anyone els...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login

I’m working on a computer currently that is having logon issues with one users account. The user logs into the computer it tries to login then goes back to the login screen. Has anyone ever seen this error and knows a fix?  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding Apps to Dock config profiles

Hey all, Is there a way to add more apps do the dock config profile settings beside the default list that is in the JSS? I was hoping to use config profiles for the dock items and prefs instead of packaging up plist files. Thanks!  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GoToMeeting - anyone package it?

Our Standard users on MacOS 10.8.x are starting to need help.They are finding (since they don't have Admin Rights on the local machine) they are not able to install webinar GoToMeeting plugins.Would this be a case where I just take a snapshot, run th...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customizing default user accounts

We have a notebook program for students which contains a customized user account/profile. At this time we are doing it in a brute force way though: creating a user account with the wallpapers, etc. we want and then manually copying that user's User T...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

cups KSMB enabling

Hi, I don't have the option showing within cups to add a printer with KSMB. Is there a way of enabling this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile Passcode

Hello there, I've set a passcode for removal of profile and I can't remember that passcode and I need to remove it. Is there any way to clear it? reset the passcode? Please help!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Searching Casper 9.21

Hi there,I've just upgraded my Casper from 8.73 to 9.21 and noticed that to search the inventory now I have to put in the field when searching for a computer that I don't know the whole name. For instance, if I want to search all computers that are a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sort Branch list by date(NetSUS appliance)

Hi All, I'm pretty new here at JAMF nation.I just want to share this hack on the NETSUS appliance(2.0) for those who want to sort the Branch list by date.I'm not a php expert just asked the help of a friend too. Login to your appliance and do: sudo n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Remote Management by default

Hi,How can we create a policy to ensure that Remote Management is checked as soon as the computer turns on, also if the child has turned it off it gets turned on as soon as the computer access school's network? Please help! Wishing you a good day.Abe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Booting to OS X installer..

Does anyone know why the package created from Greg Neagle's installer would not boot into the Mac OS X Installer environment and instead bypass it altogether if the drive isn't erased? I've re-imaged my test machine with a base DMG we had and then ra...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shrink Base Image

I have followed the instructions on how to create a minimal base image:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=313But my Mavericks.dmg created with Composer is 23GB. I even used monolingual to delete the language packs first. Where is thi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Keychain in iCloud on Mavericks

Hello all and thanks for taking the time to assist or be assisted from the response to this post. As we are moving toward rolling out Mavericks our security team has informed me that we need to disable the ability of our users to use Keychain in the ...  View more

• 45 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Keychain in iCloud on Mavericks

Hello all and thanks for taking the time to assist or be assisted from the response to this post. As we are moving toward rolling out Mavericks our security team has informed me that we need to disable the ability of our users to use Keychain in the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging from a External Drive

Fairly new to Casper, I want to create an Alternate Bootable and DP option so I can quickly image machines from my External Drive. What is the best practice for doing so? How many Partitions are recommended? Recomended Utilities, etc.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7 Control Center

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to turn off "Access on Lock Screen" for the Control Center on iOS 7. Our security team is a bit worried about a security flaw that's being reported on CNET with a lovely accompanying how to video. (http://news.c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set JSS to UK date format

Currently policy activation dates are only configurable in US date format. Is this possible to change to UK format? My policy nearly kicked in and would have been disastrous. JSS is 9.2  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packing Mono Framework as .dmg

If I want to pack the Mono Framework as a .dmg File (after a normal Snapshot) the Composer crashes with "Error creating DMG packageThere was an error creating the packagae. Please make sure that the location you are saving to is writable and try agai...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS: mod_rewrite not working

Hey guys, I got stuck with this problem. Customer is running a NetSUS 2.0 with two branches on it. (e.g. http://1.2.3.4/content/catalogs/index_root.sucatalog) If I point clients directly to this URL, the sucatalog will not be found. On github I found...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors