Can not push apps after upgrading ipads to 10.3.3

jlandis2212
New Contributor

We pushed out IOS updates 710 plus ipads for version 10.3.3. Since doing so we can not push apps to ipads with that version. Apps successfully push to IOS 10.2 versions. We have tried excluding test ipads from all configuration profiles.. allowed them unlimited access to the internet, and exhausted many other things. Support appears to be stuck as well. We are able to push web clips to the devices and they are checking in and taking policies just fine. When we push it app it just flashes and under the history of the device shows it stuck in a loop. Anyone else seeing this behavior after upgrading to latest IOS? Any help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi,
I have spent much of the summer wiping, updating iOS and re-activating iPads (Configurator 2) and am seeing better OTA app download performance in iOS 10.3.2 and 10.3.3 than in previous iOS versions, in particular not seeing the iMovie hanging issues, which have been very bothersome.
Wiping before updating might be helping us of course. Downloading approximately 50 apps.
Mix of iPad Airs and Air 2s

We are at JSS 9.100.0-t1499435238.

mbeckett
New Contributor III

I've upgraded 3,000 iPads to 10.3.3 so far this summer, with no problems. I do use Configurator 2 to do that though, rather than using a Remote Command to force an iOS update.

Another possibility might be a limitation in the scope of your Mobile Device Apps. Any chance you're limiting software deployment by a hard iOS 10.3.2 version limit somewhere in a Smart Mobile Device Group?

mmcallister
Contributor II

@jlandis2212 Are the iPads proxied? We are seeing the same thing when iPads have a proxy (Lightspeed) scoped to them. Excluding them from the proxy allows the app installation to complete.

mmcallister
Contributor II

Sorry, I see you've already tried removing profiles and network filtering. Sounds like our issue is different.

johncough
New Contributor

@mmcallister Same thing here with Lightspeed and global proxy. Any luck on your end yet?