Can someone help me with my pkg conversion code please?

JAMFNoob
New Contributor III

I'm in the middle of deployment and trying to convert an app into pkg - my code is below but I keep on getting the info screen in Terminal and it's not converting (it has worked in the past)

sudo productbuild --component /Applications/Filemaker Pro.app /Users/administrator/Desktop/FMP Update/Filemaker Pro.pkg

Can anyone see anything obviously wrong that could cause it not to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phantom5
Contributor II

Well, your paths have spaces so either you enclose them in double quotes, or escape the spaces with a \.

Here's the right code:

sudo productbuild --component /Applications/Filemaker\ Pro.app /Users/administrator/Desktop/FMP Update/Filemaker\ Pro.pkg

or

sudo productbuild --component "/Applications/Filemaker Pro.app" "/Users/administrator/Desktop/FMP Update/Filemaker Pro.pkg"  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Phantom5
Contributor II

Well, your paths have spaces so either you enclose them in double quotes, or escape the spaces with a \.

Here's the right code:

sudo productbuild --component /Applications/Filemaker\ Pro.app /Users/administrator/Desktop/FMP Update/Filemaker\ Pro.pkg

or

sudo productbuild --component "/Applications/Filemaker Pro.app" "/Users/administrator/Desktop/FMP Update/Filemaker Pro.pkg"  

JAMFNoob
New Contributor III