Can't Login to SUS Appliance

btaitt
Contributor

Hey all,

I went to log into the NetBoot/SUS appliance today with credentials I had changed from the defaults and I cannot log in. I have been able to since I set it up last week, however now I can't get in.

I also didn't get an opportunity to disable some updates, so it filled up the 100 Gb. I provisioned for storage. Could that be some of the issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

monogrant
Contributor

I ran into this today.

I ended up using vSphere Center to increase my disk size, carve up a new logical primary partition with the new space, convert that to a logical Linux LVM partition, then use vgdisplay and vgextend to add the new partition (sda3 in my case) to the volume group. I was able then to extend the resize the LVM and then use resizefs to resize the live/mounted filesystem. It worked!

....I did however have to do my SUS sync all over again. I might go in and dump the whole downloaded database in /srv/SUS and start it from scratch. I'm not sure if the system will attempt to download an entire 83+GB of updates again or if it will rescan the downloaded content and pickup where it left off.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

monogrant
Contributor

I ran into this today.

I ended up using vSphere Center to increase my disk size, carve up a new logical primary partition with the new space, convert that to a logical Linux LVM partition, then use vgdisplay and vgextend to add the new partition (sda3 in my case) to the volume group. I was able then to extend the resize the LVM and then use resizefs to resize the live/mounted filesystem. It worked!

....I did however have to do my SUS sync all over again. I might go in and dump the whole downloaded database in /srv/SUS and start it from scratch. I'm not sure if the system will attempt to download an entire 83+GB of updates again or if it will rescan the downloaded content and pickup where it left off.

ryway09
New Contributor

Hey,

I wanted to put in my two cents on this. This has happened to me at least 3 times now. Everything still works and runs, but I can't log into webadmin. This last time I even left it at defaults and it still locked me out. It is very frustrating to say the least. I run the appliance through virtual box, any idea why this is happening?

fritz_schlapbac
Contributor

I had the same problem. The disk was full and the login to the webinterface didn't work any more.

The solution from monogrant worked for me. If someone needs a good tutorial how to increase the disk size check this site: http://mattiasgeniar.be/2010/08/27/increase-a-vmware-disk-size-vmdk-formatted-as-linux-lvm/