Can't Manage via MDM commands

jackrum1
New Contributor

I have a computer that is enrolled but MDM Capability is No and under Management, Management Commands are missing. I tried to re-enoll it via enrollment URL but that didn't make a difference.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mojo21221
Contributor II

End User may need to approve some profiles under Settings -> Profiles

If you are using Automated Device Enrollment. Try having them run sudo profiles renew -type enrollment from terminal. That should refresh the enrollment of the device. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mojo21221
Contributor II

End User may need to approve some profiles under Settings -> Profiles

If you are using Automated Device Enrollment. Try having them run sudo profiles renew -type enrollment from terminal. That should refresh the enrollment of the device. 

I get DEP enrollment failed: The device no longer has a Device Enrollment configuration assigned to it.

Double-check it hasn't been released from School Manager / Business Manager. It sounds like it has based on that error.

I have two machines with this issue and one machine it didn't work for but the other it did. The one it didn't work for I'm just going to wipe it and re-enroll.

mojo21221
Contributor II

Does the device still have profiles and jamf framework. Try removing Profiles from the device.  Once they are then run sudo jamf removeframework. Then try enrolling via the sudo profiles renew -type enrollment again.

Not sure if this workaround still works, but your can try removing the Apple setup done file. Restart the mac and see if it triggers ADE from setup as well. rm ./var/db/.AppleSetupDone