Can't Remove MDM Profile From iPad

DamanW
New Contributor

I have an iPad that we are removing from the fleet and I did not do the remote wipe first before I removed it from Jamf and School Manager. When I connect it to the internet it shows up in Jamf as "mobile device" but none of the commands are available. I cannot remove the MDM profile and it will not let me "erase all content and settings". I have tried to re-enroll it but it will not let me since there is already a profile installed. 

Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If its not a user removable MDM profile, and the MDM framework is failing to remove the profile the only option is to wipe.  If you cannot wipe from within iPadOS, put the iPad in DFU mode and use Apple Configurator or iTunes (Windows) to reinstall iPadOS. If this was a Mac there would be more options, but not with iOS/iPadOS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

If its not a user removable MDM profile, and the MDM framework is failing to remove the profile the only option is to wipe.  If you cannot wipe from within iPadOS, put the iPad in DFU mode and use Apple Configurator or iTunes (Windows) to reinstall iPadOS. If this was a Mac there would be more options, but not with iOS/iPadOS.

DamanW
New Contributor

Thank you. I spoke to a coworker and I used Apple Configurator to wipe it and remove the profile.