Can't Start Tomcat7 After Upgrading JSS from 9.25 to 9.63

seamus
New Contributor

Hey All, I just finished an upgrade of Casper 9.25 to 9.63 that returned no errors, yet I'm unable to restart Tomcat7 after the installation has completed. Would this be due to the Tomcat config files being overwritten, as it's installed by default when using the JSS Installer? The service returns no error, but stops immediately after it starts.

Happy to provide more information, and thanks in advance for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robotech77
New Contributor

Hi Seamus,

I would love to help you out! Please let me know of a good number I can reach you or call our general line at 612 216 1296.

Thanks,

Thong

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

scottb
Honored Contributor

We had that last weekend with 9.32 >> 9.62 (Windows server)
Did you run:
Net stop Tomcat7
Net start Tomcat7
We used that instead of the utility, but the upgrade should finish with Tomcat being started.

More info here to try.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=117

seamus
New Contributor

That's the command I used to stop the service pre-installation and attempt to start the service after it didn't start automatically post-installation. I'll try starting Tomcat using the database utility, but I'm unsure what it would do differently than starting the Windows service. Update: Tomcat was unable to restart using the Database utility.

Could this be happening because the server.xml file was overwritten during setup?

Robotech77
New Contributor

Hi Seamus,

I would love to help you out! Please let me know of a good number I can reach you or call our general line at 612 216 1296.

Thanks,

Thong

seamus
New Contributor

Thanks so much for your help, Thong! We were able to uninstall and reinstall the JSS, which resolved the issue with Tomcat. I'll definitely be backing up my Tomcat config files and testing the upgrade on a test VM next time.

You rock--thanks for getting us back up and running so quickly!