Cannot get JSSDatabaseUtil to backup the database since upgrading to Casper 9

bwcollins
New Contributor III

Every since I updated to Casper 9 every time I try to open the JSSDatabaseUtil file I get the following error: "Warning: Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.ERROR 2013 (HY000):Lost connection to the Mysql server at 'initial communications packet'

When I try to back up from the command line I get the following:JSS Database Utility 9.2
[Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file.
Error: Error: Unable to load settings file.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file. at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:246) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284) at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:124) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilitySettings.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.CLIViewController.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilitySettings.getScheduleSetting(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.CLIViewController.getScheduleSetting(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilityScheduler.loadCurrentSchedule(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.JSSDBUtilityScheduler.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.CLIViewController.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.jamfsoftware.jssdbutil.Main.main(Unknown Source)
netboot2:~ admin$

Current Version is 9.2 The interface will not let me view the database status either which I find troubling.

8 REPLIES 8

dwandro92
Contributor III

Are you using the Java 7 JDK?

bwcollins
New Contributor III

Yes Java 7

bwcollins
New Contributor III

Yes Java 7

dwandro92
Contributor III

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8901

bwcollins
New Contributor III

that discussion says that casper 9 fixed the issue which it didn't.

bwcollins
New Contributor III

bwcollins
New Contributor III

dwandro92
Contributor III

It might be fixed in v9.21, but I had the same problem with Java 7 and JSS 9.0/9.01 when I was preparing our new JSS on Windows 2008 R2. You could try upgrading to 9.21 if that patch indeed fixed the problem, but you might run into other issues (e.g. the LDAP issues that have been mentioned in recent discussions) in the process. I would say that the best plan of action (for the time being) would be to downgrade to Java 6, unless of course you have other applications running on your server which rely on Java 7.