Casper 9 - Users 'admin' status not displayed when checking the Computer Inventory.

Rudolph
New Contributor II

I have noticed under the 'search inventory' option when looking at the 'Local User Accounts' field it no longer displays if an account is an admin user. Casper v8 showed this information. Does anyone know if its actually possible to get this information now in Casper v9 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rudolph
New Contributor II

I'll raise it as a feature request, hopefully it comes back.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ndudley
Contributor

The way I was doing it in 8.7 was via a script in extension attributes. I haven't tried the script in v9 but I know it wasn't a default option in v8.

Hope that helps.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

?? It was a default option in versions 8 and prior. Go into any Mac's details in version 8.x and look under Local User Accounts and the details on admin status is there. It shows up as Admin : true or false.
But yes, it appears this data is no longer part of the inventory for a Mac in version 9.x.

I looked around on our 9.01 test JSS to see if its located somewhere else but so far I'm not seeing it. Hmm.

ndudley
Contributor

Ah. I see. I apologize, I thought you meant in the inventory search without going into the details for each computer. I was looking for an easier way to check the admin status of a local user instead of doing it one by one. The extension attribute might work to have it display as part of the default search in v9, though I havent tested.

mvanvliet
New Contributor

Maybe worth a feature request?

Rudolph
New Contributor II

I'll raise it as a feature request, hopefully it comes back.