Casper 9.x GSX date format

trenta
New Contributor

I'm in Australia and can't find where to specify the date format for purchasing info. I have the GSX settings set to APAC which is correct. The problem is that when I do a GSX lookup and get a response like 4/9/2013 Casper displays it in the purchasing info as April 9, 2013 when it is actually meant to be September 4, 2013.

4 REPLIES 4

Josh_S
Contributor III

This is a known limitation of the JSS. Currently it only displays dates in the (completely counter-intuitive) US format of Month-Day-Year. If you want to see this changed, please vote up the following feature request:
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1740

trenta
New Contributor

It isn't just that the format is confusing but that it is incorrect.

marcusransom
New Contributor

we are seeing GSX weirdness in 9.x as well. If I log into GSX it shows that a machine has warranty coverage until 31 January 2016, but the purchasing record in Casper shows July 1 2018 (the purchase order date seems to have the day and month flipped as GSX shows 1st Feb 2013 but Casper shows January 2013).

These contract end dates don't seem to correspond with any month day year inconsistencies that I can work out so there must be something else going on. It could be because we have custom bid warranty contracts?

trenta
New Contributor

I've actually been on to support and they have indicated that it's a bug and will hopefully be fixed in the next release.