Casper Admin (9.72) Crashing when uploading large files

mapurcel
Contributor III

We've been having some serious issues with our master distribution point (windows server) since upgrading to 9.72. When uploading a file larger than 200 MB (approximately), Casper Admin and Finder will both lock up and we won't be able to upload the file. This is using Casper Admin on both 10.9.5 and 10.10.3 and small files upload fine which shows us that the share is mounting correctly and the s-casperadmin and s-casperinstall accounts seem to be fine.

Anyone else seen this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I was uploading a few packages in 9.72 Casper Admin last week, one was 16GB and the other 52GB, all worked ok.

DP was a Mac server though (not that it should fail the other way).

I had an issue with another site recently using Windows Server 2008 R2 and uploading stuff in Casper Admin. There ended up being an issue with some disks on the storage. I tested coping files manually to the server which also failed (ruling Casper Admin out completely).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I was uploading a few packages in 9.72 Casper Admin last week, one was 16GB and the other 52GB, all worked ok.

DP was a Mac server though (not that it should fail the other way).

I had an issue with another site recently using Windows Server 2008 R2 and uploading stuff in Casper Admin. There ended up being an issue with some disks on the storage. I tested coping files manually to the server which also failed (ruling Casper Admin out completely).

darrell_rennie
New Contributor II

I too have noticed this ~ The computer running casper admin 9.72 (on 10.10.3) locks up, and thereafter cannot connect to the casper share. I have to reboot in order to make it functional again. When this happens, other computers are still able to connect with casper admin.

mapurcel
Contributor III

I thought I had ruled out the file share but after further testing the share was at fault, not Casper Admin

sams
New Contributor

I'm very tired to find out the Casper Admin 9.72 link to download. this software, can you give me the download link?????

Look
Valued Contributor III

Click on your username top left hand side of this site.
Click My Assets.

If it's not there talk to your JAMF account manager or whoever in your organisation takes care of the purchasing/licensing.

sams
New Contributor

My Products

We can't seem to find any assets for you, please make sure your company email address is correct. If you think this is in error, please contact your Account Manager.

(So, what can I do)?????

Look
Valued Contributor III

Contact your JAMF Account Manager...
You jamfnation account needs to be connected to your organisation, when this is done any products applicable to your organisation will be visible under My Assets.