Casper Admin 9.98 Slow/Delay adding packages to configurations

debrat
New Contributor III

Hello...
Has anyone experienced slowness or delays when adding packages to configurations? I have noticed this for the last few releases of the suite. After clicking and dragging the package to the config name on the left side of the window, I need to hover the cursor over the name for a while before the package will actually be added to the config. If I release the cursor too early, nothing moves in to the configuration. I also notice that "Reveal in Finder" does not work with view a package in Casper Admin Info.
Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

Look
Valued Contributor III

Yup absolutely. You have to hover for several seconds before release to ensure it ends up in the right place.
Annoying as!
We have had it since the first 9.97 release.

bhoumikb
New Contributor III

Same here.. Since 9.97.. Hope JAMF team releases fix soon!

bhoumikb
New Contributor III

Same here.. Since 9.97.. Hope JAMF team releases fix soon!

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi all,

We're aware of this issue and have it filed under PI-003066.

The workaround is to use the web interface to add packages to configurations instead of using Casper Admin.

Please get in touch with Support to open a case and have it attached to PI-003066 if you have not done so already. The more cases we have attached to PIs for tracking how many customers are experiencing the issue, the better.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
Jamf Support

debrat
New Contributor III

Thank you @Look and @bhoumikb for confirming I'm not the only one :)
Thanks @amanda.wulff , I will submit a case for this issue.

KSchroeder
Contributor

<deleted>

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi @KSchroeder ,

You're likely to get a better response if you post to a new thread or get in contact with your Support rep.

As this is a thread about slowness in the Casper Admin app, it's less likely that people who are also experiencing general slowness will see your comment or look at this thread as the title indicates that it's Casper Admin specific.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
Jamf Support

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

Bump for slowness with 9.99