Casper Admin not opening correctly a thin line is displayed

NeilBennett
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have a strange issue, If i open Casper Admin, enter creds to mount JSS, the share mounts on the desktop, but then when Casper Admin is about to open all i get is a thin 1 inch white line. I get a dock icon and menu but no Window, All other Casper tools work ok, i have re downloaded Casper suite, i'm running the same version as my JSS (9.31), i have updated Java.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The Casper Admin preference plist is likely corrupt and is scaling the window in a weird way. Just locate the com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist in your own Library folder, and either delete it and relaunch Casper Admin.app, or, if you'd rather not lose other settings for the application, you can manually edit the window width and height settings

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist windowHeight -int <somevalue>
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist windowWidth -int <somevalue>

Change the <somevalue>'s above to a window pixel height and width that makes sense for your Mac. For example, you could set it to something like 800 x 600 initially and then drag the window back to whatever size you want later.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The Casper Admin preference plist is likely corrupt and is scaling the window in a weird way. Just locate the com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist in your own Library folder, and either delete it and relaunch Casper Admin.app, or, if you'd rather not lose other settings for the application, you can manually edit the window width and height settings

defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist windowHeight -int <somevalue>
defaults write ~/Library/Preferences/com.jamfsoftware.admin.plist windowWidth -int <somevalue>

Change the <somevalue>'s above to a window pixel height and width that makes sense for your Mac. For example, you could set it to something like 800 x 600 initially and then drag the window back to whatever size you want later.

NeilBennett
New Contributor II

Great thanks this has resolved the issue.