Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Macbook Air adapters

For those of you imaging Macbook Airs over ethernet, were your apple sales reps able to give you the Ethernet addresses to add into the JSS console in a spreadsheet? I was surprised on the few test adapters we received we can't even bar code scan the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need more info from AD!

Greetings! I'm attempting to query AD for specific attributes of a user, then assign those values to a computer's inventory record. Under 'location' there are 5 different fields available, (I'm omitting Building and Department, since they have to be ...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto-login of local account.

Hello, I've been instructed to make a local account on a small group of Macs that I manage, and have that account automatically login at startup. I'm aware of how to create the accounts using Casper Imaging or Casper Remote, however, I can't seem to ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exempt Users for Restricted Software

Hi everyone. I have Terminal set up as restricted software and JSS is doing a great job killing the process like I want; however, I've added both the short name and long name of a local account to the Exempt Users for this software, and it continues ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Ports

Got a strange one and i'm hoping that someone here can help me. My scenario is a little strange i basically have 20+ Macs that VPN onto a production network, can't see them from our network. I've asked our CSO to look at opening ports so that Casper ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing CS6

Ok so the time had come again to deal with the rigmarole of the latest cs6 products plus hunting down a sifting through hundreds of Adobe blog posts to find what you need. Sorry Jody but the blog thing isn't working anymore and I think you should fol...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Installs no apps in Applications

So I finally got around to creating a CS6 package. But strangest thing is when I tested it on several machines it works fine, but as soon as I deployed it to a user who has CS5.5 installed already it didn't work. Package will copy CS6 zip file to /pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacBook Air NetBooting

I'v been trying for 2 weeks to get any MacBook Airs Netbooting on the network here but cant get anywhere. I created my netboot environment image from the latest macbook air, uploaded it into the server and everything can boot to it except for macbook...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NSA - iOS 5 Security Guide

The National Security Agency released a configuration guide for iOS 5. Security Configuration Recommendations for Apple iOS 5 Devices- http://www.nsa.gov/ia/_files/os/applemac/Apple_iOS_5_Guide.pdf  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Joining our AD dev domain

I'm attempting to do some tests on our development network. After building systems, I can't bind them to the development domain. The error received is "Unable to add server. The plug-in encountered an error processing the request (10001)" I'm stumped...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS5.5 Premium installer trouble

We are new to Casper and almost nailed down everything but a clean Adobe CS5.5 Premium installer This is the error I get from Casper:An error occurred executing the policy "Install CS 5.5 Design Premium_Install" on the computer "NetBoot042". Event lo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Syncing Software Update Servers

We've had about 3 SUSs for a while. So its been pretty easy to keep track of them- activating approved updates and such. We're expanding our infrastructure to include several more SUSs- is there a way to have them sync with a 'master' SUS so I only n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API - Web Service XML File Generation

Curious if anyone has used the API to generate current state XML file for computers in inventory. I want to CURL the output to an XML file and make it available to other systems. However, the issue I run into is WHEN to initiate the XML file creation...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AAMEE CS6 Multiple Serial Numbers

Hi, we have different serials for CS6 Standard and After Effects CS6. I've created the .pkg's with the AAMEE and created the AdobeSerialization.exe and prov.xml using the same method. However, you have to create separate files for each product. As fa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store downloads linked to email address

Like an idiot, I downloaded Evernote through the App Store with my personal AppleID. I then packaged Evernote with Composer and pushed it out through Self Service. Now, when a user runs the App Store updates it asks them to log in to my personal Appl...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion 10.7.4 Block Copy during Imaging 8.52

I am attempting to deploy a clean 10.7.4 Base image with Casper Imaging 8.52. However it is not doing a block copy. The DMG was created with Casper Composer and the priority is set to 1 in Casper Admin. It is doing a file install and taking forever!R...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to netboot MBP 15" late 2011 model

Hi Guys, I've built an OSX Lion 10.7.3 with Casper Imaging 8.52 netboot image. However, this image is unable to boot the Macbook Pro 15" (Late 2011) model. Its able to boot our earlier model Macs such as the Macbook Pro 13" (2011) and iMac 21" (mid 2...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7.4 and Invalid Certificate problem

W have an authenticated internet (Cisco SCE) system and found some issues with latest 10.7.4 upgrade. If you are not authenticated, it gives invalid certificate issues on some application installs and Configuration profile registration with APN serve...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin not capturing kerberized printers

Have only recently noticed that our printers have been deploying without the -o auth-info-required=negotiate option (kerberized cups). Checked and rechecked and triple checked and it appears Casper Admin (8.52) isn't capturing this option. I can't sa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy not marked as complete

All: I am running a script via a policy that creates a file on the filesystem and then reboots the computer into netboot. This works fine. The problem is that the policy is not marked as complete in the policy logs, so the job runs again when the com...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Computer Name and AD bind

Hey Guys, I am working with 10.6.8 and 10.7.3 machines and beginning the summer re-imaging process. We have a number of machines that are moving to different schools therefore requiring a different image and change of name. My techs are having issues...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors