Casper Admin start up problems

charliwest
Contributor II

Recently I have had real problems with casper admin. When I start it it will randomly ask for my jss username and password, which is already stored in my keychain. I put in the correct details and it just asks again, I will then restart the application a handful of times, randomly one time it will connect properly. Then once working, I will save changes and again randomly it will tell me I don't have rights to save.

Anyone know whats going on?

I have restart the jss, doesn't seem to help, I have it from my keychain, still no luck, I have also reinstalled casper tools.

4 REPLIES 4

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

We get this a lot as we work with lots of different Casper environments. I would recommend starting with a new keychain (or just test with a new user), launch Casper admin while holding down alt which will ask you to re-input the JSS address.

My gut feeling is either a conflicting keychain item or a corrupt preference file on the Mac.

charliwest
Contributor II

Thanks, tried both of those, I can normally get it to connect by doing that, but I still get the not allowed to save changes issue... any other ideas?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I would try running Casper Admin from a different user account (or a different Mac entirely). Just to confirm if it is a user account or client Mac problem.

When you get the error, is that a keychain error or Casper Admin when you try and save?

If it is in Casper Admin and none of the above are working I would suspect an issue with the distribution point.

franton
Valued Contributor III

Check your keychain through the application. It's worth double checking to make sure there isn't multiple entries for Casper Admin in there, but saying that there shouldn't be any if you completely blew away the keychain.

However i've seen spurious entries in the past pop in because while the keychain was deleted, the reference files left behind contained enough to break things.