Casper BYOD MDM testing on Android

dkagle
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else out there testing BYOD MDM on any android devices? I've tested it a few times but hit some road blocks with getting divide to work correctly. I was just curious is anyone else has tried. Let me know if you like it or hate it or don't think I should bother.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dkagle
New Contributor III

Stupid me. Thought that divide was related to Jamf but finally got time to research and realized it's a stand alone product. Thanks to those who replied. Will have to checkout divide.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

dkagle
New Contributor III

Lol. Guess I uttered the dreadful "A" word and scared everyone.

barnesaw
Contributor III

It doesn't actually do anything - at least it didn't in Beta. Just installed an app and reported inventory.
Divide is vastly superior.

justinrummel
Contributor III

I've enrolled my Wife's Android phone as a test device. The configurations are very specific such as VPN requires AnyConnect (vs. the one she had already installed). WiFi seems to work, hard to tell since she was already on the WiFi. Otherwise, Inventory reporting is most of my gains w/ Android BYOD.

- Justin

dkagle
New Contributor III

I enrolled mine device to test as well but hit a road block with configuring divide. Did either of you have to do anything special to get it to work? I've checked my office365 settings and I don't see anything that would be stopping me.

dkagle
New Contributor III

Stupid me. Thought that divide was related to Jamf but finally got time to research and realized it's a stand alone product. Thanks to those who replied. Will have to checkout divide.

gteles
New Contributor

You can try AirWatch ;)

barnesaw
Contributor III

@kegs5901I use divide on my phone. Some of the features make it very nice. Just wish more places would do the enterprise version.

Best use for it is that no one but me can remotely wipe my phone.