Casper Focus - Focusing on a Website

jmonahan
New Contributor

I can't seem to find where you add websites to use with the new 9.3 Casper Focus. Anyone know where it's hiding?

7 REPLIES 7

philhavens
New Contributor

I'm looking on the iPhone app, but it seems to be under the slide out menu or sidebar and then tap on websites. From there you can add any websites you'd like to the whitelist.

ahopkins
New Contributor II

Is there any set up that needs to be done on the JSS?

philhavens
New Contributor

Not that I've seen. If you already have Focus up and running, restricting to sites just works. Just make sure that your Casper Focus app is updated to v9.3 as well as your JSSos upgraded.

ahopkins
New Contributor II

The big issue we have had with focusing on a web site is the site comes up restricted. Or if its a site like Study Island, after the student's log in, the next page is restricted. Finally, some pages just come up blank, and students have to tap on an icon below the URL.. it would be nice if it just loaded the page.

jperkins01
New Contributor

I just noticed this also. I have a teacher that has a website that is a re-direct. Also, maybe a future feature request would be to have the websites visible to anyone logged into as the admins of the class. If i add a website its on my ipad only=sad it doesn't become available to all admins over the class for visibility. Does anyone know how to resolve getting a redirect or proxy site not being restricted?

suhrl
New Contributor

I agree with ahopkins...sites like Study Island that redirect once the log in occurs cause problems.

STVEscott
New Contributor

Any update for this? Any fixes for the sites that require a login and redirect?

Thanks