Casper Focus Question

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

Hi nation;

I know it'searly in inception, but we ar e looking at Casper Focus. Question: If we push a profile/cert to those students with BYOD as part of wireless access,in theory Casper Focus should work, yes or no

Thx

LS

4 REPLIES 4

notoole
New Contributor

I would like to know the same thing. The BYOD devices would need to be supervised.

jmccartney
New Contributor II

No, Casper Focus requires that devices be supervised by Apple Configurator, which I assume would never be used with BYOD.

mercytechnology
New Contributor

Is there any way Casper Focus would ever be available to unsupervised devices? We are not supervising our student's iPads.

mschuring
New Contributor III

I just went to a CMA training and learned that the Supervision requirement is something that Apple requires to use features like App Lock. Until Apple loosens that requirement (which is not likely) I believe you will have to have all devices locked.
I am helping run an iPad program 1:1 with 800 iPads, blended with BYOD and school owned (leased to the parents) iPads. We are making supervision a requirement. Even the 200 that we did in a pilot this school year, we will be requiring all iPads to be erased and placed into supervision mode to be a part of the program. This also will allow us to force a restrictions profile and other settings onto the iPads to help maintain a consistent environment. Lastly, a little beyond the scope of the question, but Supervision is great not only for the Casper Focus, but you can force a proxy which can provide content filtering on and off campus.