Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Wifi Connectivity on iPad Airs

Over the last couple months or so, we've had some staff mention they cannot connect to their home wifi networks anymore. They are able to connect to the district wifi networks just fine, but once they leave, they either have to enter their home wifi ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Old ipad

Hello, im new to this JAMF platform. im able to enroll any ipad that is listed under our DEP. my issue is that there is some ipads were not purchased under DEP and their serial number is not listed under the JAMF / Mobile device managemetn section. t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Opensource: NoMAD Intro Webinar

Get to know NoMAD in this informative one hour overview of how to use NoMAD in your environment, complete with handy tips and examples. Learn how to free yourself from binding to Active Directory. Free your bind, and the rest will follow! Please regi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Group added to Exclusions List not working

I'm running JSS 9.97.1482356336 and have certain software blocked - App Store, iTunes, AirDrop, through the Restricted Software settings.We have developers that require access to the App Store, so I have been adding their LDAP account to the Exclusio...  View more

0ab62024130c4e6babeae5e754299c7a
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Erase, Reenroll Macs in to Jamf.. Zero Touch

Had a new deployment of several hundred MacBook Airs last summer ... Delivered from Apple new .. and they were properly wired up in our DEP. Was able to hand out to users without touching them ... they created their own admin accounts, and the Airs s...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper remote from Jamf cloud

Hi all, we would like to adopt casper remote for our IT teams to manage their macs.Our JSS is in the cloud and the IP addresses that the macs reports to JSS are private IP addresses. As they are private they are not reachable from the JSS in the clou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patch Reporting thoughts?

Currently I use AutoPKGr for automating updates for Chrome, Adobe, Java, etc. I was wondering if anyone is using Casper's Patch Reporting and how it is working out for you?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turning off AD Homeshare in Dock Problem/Issue

Our old practice was to have the "Use UNC path from Active Directory..." checkbox selected to make the home share path available in the Dock. We would like to deselect that option and instead use a script to provide a dock item to the home share. Thi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help in Reposado SUS - Mac OS Sierra Update

Hello, I have a REPOSADO SUS and for some reason I don't get any update from Mac OS Sierra 10.12.x http://172.32.129.201:8088/content/catalogs/others/index-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1_Production.sucatalog Can you p...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing apps from users desktop folder

Hi guys, We have quite a few users who seem to download applications and run them from their desktop, Spotify and Chrome being the biggest culprits. I'm looking for a way to remove the application from users desktop folders. We have a couple of users...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Name Computer Based on JSS Username + Mac Model

Hello I have succefully implimented the following script. Name computer using JSS username I would like to also pull the Model of the computer from the JSS for the computer name as well so it looks something like this. "jsmith MacBook Air (13-inch Mi...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Process to Change Mac's from Static I.P's to DHCP

Hi All, I've searched around here a bit, but have not yet found what I'm looking for. Some of our Mac's are already set to DHCP, but I still have a bunch that need to be converted from static I.P's over to DHCP. Using the JSS, does anyone have a good...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer PKG from manufacture

Hi Everyone, I'm at the beginner stage at learning Jamf. I've been trying to add this HP452dn printer but the current macOS Sierra couldn't find the driver for this printer. I was able to find the pkg file on one of the thread in jamf nation. https:/...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How many iOS devices per Configuration Profile?

We are a medium sized school district who is about to see our managed iOS device count double from approximately 5000 to 10,000 devices. I am curious about how to best manage configuration profiles. Am I safe pushing a configuration profile to 10,000...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Computer device deployment not working

What am I missing? I've been using JSS for iOS deployment for the past 10 months so the VPP account is working as expected. Currently Running version 9.98. We are now trying to implement using JSS for our OSX machines.I've purchased the free version ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resetting Network Adapters/Services

Hey everyone, I have seen a few old posts on resetting network adapters but looking for a better way. My current script does ok but how do you add any new detected adapters back in. Seems like my current method only adds Apples standard/default adapt...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Load Balancer questions

We have 2 JSS servers that we plan on load balancing this summer. Both use their self-signed cert. On the Load Balancer, do we need to install each JSS server's self-signed cert? Just one? For DNS, I'm thinking we CNAME the JSS Master to the load bal...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

suspect AD binding/Kerberos issue

So, I was recently asked to change the URL of the data share that is mapped for all users district wide Mac or Windows. I was able to achieve that in the JSS no problem, but I seem to have a minor pesky issue that is somewhat annoying. So on a machin...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoPkgr and Custom Preferences

Good morning! I am exploring autopkgr and have yet to find any information on how to inject custom preferences with applications as they are bundled. For example, I do not want users to be prompted at first start of application or the application to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with AutoHide Menu Bar as Guest

We are trying to execute the following commands to Autohide the Menu Bar when the Mac logs in automatically as Guest. #!/bin/sh defaults write NSGlobalDomain _HIHideMenuBar -bool true killall Finder When we run this from either a script on JSS or fro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feedback error from the APNs Server

Hi all, The following error appears in a mobile device's management history in inventory:"The JSS has received a feedback error from the APNs server" I read the "Troubleshooting an APNs Feedback Error in a Mobile Device's Management History" post I t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors