Casper Imaging 9.23 bug

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

just to warn you there is a bug in version 9.23

If you have lots of smart configurations under a parent, under Casper Imaging 9.23 only the FIRST smart config will install items from the parent.

This is defect D-006316

Just letting you know so your not pulling your hair out on this one!

15 REPLIES 15

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

Big bug for us.. thanks for posting.

bcourtade
New Contributor III

Thanks! I was scratching my head over that one last night. The weird thing is that a couple applications I had added since the 9.23 update were showing up but nothing else from the config.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

@CasperSally][/url & @bcourtade][/url no problem as i know our time is precious. Hopefully this will be implemented and i shouldn't need to keep posting defects here :(

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/featureRequest.html?id=1699

perrycj
Contributor III

@tkimpton thanks for posting that.

majedian21
New Contributor III

Yes, thank you very much. Could you specify a number when you say "lots" of smart configurations?

NoahRJ
Contributor II

Very large problem for us, since we have multiple (20+) configurations under different smart parent groups. Please rectify quickly, since customizing before imaging is an enormous pain.

mark_sampers
Contributor

Possible work around: Roll back "Casper Imaging" to version 9.22 in your netboot images. This seems to be working for us.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Thanks guys. I like it when a plan comes together :)

andrew
New Contributor

Hey folks. Same problem here. Just heard back from my JAMF rep, and he told me to use Casper Imaging version 9.22. So far things are working as expected.

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

so revert the NBIs back to 9.22 if we are using 9.23?

andrew
New Contributor

Just use the previous (9.22) version of Casper Imaging.

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

just had one of our remote sites see this, put back on C. Imaging 9.22 and they said it's working now.

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

still broken in 9.24

daz_wallace
Contributor III

I can also confirm this is still not working in 9.24. Using 9.21 Imaging Application seems to be ok.

Darren

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Yep. Casper Imaging 9.23 and 9.24 have known issues. Keep those images rolling with 9.22 or earlier.