Casper Imaging 9.7 not rebooting to Target Drive

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Is anyone else seeing casper imaging not correctly blessing the internal drive after imaging completes? We keep seeing (since 9.7) Casper Imaging (from netboot with the checkbox selected to reboot to target drive) after imaging completes, it then boots to a folder with a question mark (or tries to boot back to the netboot).

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Remaking my Base Images with Composer 9.72 seemed to fix this issue. Now I have a new thread with the error I keep getting though using 10.10.3 and 9.72.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

perrycj
Contributor III

Are you launching casper imaging from a 10.9.x image? When I try to image with 9.7 in 10.9.x, that is exactly what happens.

If I do it from a 10.10.x image, it works fine.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Good to know, and yes we use 10.9.5. Hope they fix that since I am not re doing our Imaging Image until this summer with 10.10.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I updated our netboot image for casper imaging to 10.10.3 and this issue is still happening. When the machine goes to reboot it just goes to a folder with a question mark. I'm also currently using 9.72. I will need to try 9.65 to see if this is a problem with Casper Imaging.

Im also trying remaking my images with Composer 9.72 to see if the new Recovery HD capture is part of the issue (dealing with old way of partitioning).

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Remaking my Base Images with Composer 9.72 seemed to fix this issue. Now I have a new thread with the error I keep getting though using 10.10.3 and 9.72.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools