Casper imaging (Curtain screen)

aburrow
Contributor

I've been asked to look into ways of changing the curtain screen (I believe it's called).

The screen that contains "The imaging process is finishing installing software" on the initial restart.

Is there a way the image and/or text can be changed to our current standard (we already have an image etc. for our SCCM environment).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aburrow
Contributor

Thanks for that. In the end I used the Jamfhelper to "replace" the curtain screen.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

franton
Valued Contributor III

There's various ways of doing it. We use a launchagent and a program called iHook to display a screen over the top of the loginwindow after first imaging.

Be wary: it hasn't been updated in a while. http://rsug.itd.umich.edu/software/ihook/

aburrow
Contributor

Thanks for that. In the end I used the Jamfhelper to "replace" the curtain screen.

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Anthony,

Would you mind sharing how you used jamfHelper to replace the curtain screen? Did you modify Casper Imaging.app? I'd like to adjust mine, but I'm unsure how to proceed.

Thank you.

aburrow
Contributor

Christopher,

1. I used Composer to create a package which place an image file in our case a ".jpg" into /private/tmp.
  2. I then included a postflight script in the same package "/Library/Application Support/JAMF/bin/jamfhelper.app/Contents/MacOS/jamfHelper -windowType fs -icon "/private/tmp/curtain.jpg" -fullScreenIcon"
  3. Once uploaded into Casper Admin I set the priority to 1 and "This package must be installed to the boot volume at imaging time".

Essentially this package displays the image file on top of the Default Casper Imaging image. It works but it's not as neat as I'd like it to be. Having the ability to replace the Default would be nicer.