Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Policy for specific users and execution frequency

Hi, In Self Service, I want to publish a licensed application for specific users to be able to install, but only to one specific computer. Same users should also be able to reinstall the app on the same computer. How should I put this together using ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

old 'non sierra' imac. El Cap wont install

Hi The Board id for the iMac8,1 is present in the InstallableMachines.plist for El Capitan but 'it' wont install. 'InstallAssistant' from Pakage contents gives this via terminal launch; < Any help appreciated... B > dyld: shared cached file was build...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-Place macOS Sierra Upgrade Script

Hello, I am trying to follow this guide from JAMF: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s398/sh/bec8a262-e33d-4ad9-80fa-05b939db6d8d/f4ca396a63caa510 I am using the script noted here: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s398/sh/bec8a262-e33d-4ad9-80fa-05b939db6...  View more

• 126 replies
  • 1 kudos

Clearing Safari history and cookies on exit?

There seem to be methods to do this in Firefox and Google Chrome, what about Safari? If there aren't any hidden settings to do this, is there a method to monitor the process so that when it quits a script could be ran? I'm thinking a script that call...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Infrastructure Manager- JSS user account?

I am looking into getting the LDAP Proxy set up for our cloud JSS. I'm reading through the documentation on installing Infrastructure Manager and one of the steps is "When prompted, enter credentials for a JSS user account with the “Infrastructure Ma...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Critical update won't install after imaging

After imaging 2016 MBP with a 10.12.1 image (built from the same model) the computer boots up and I immediately get a white square with a spinning gear for several minutes. Then I get the error above. There's no indication of what it's doing and I ca...  View more

289672b4ddf147f8b885701899a83a73
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Critical update won't install after imaging

After imaging 2016 MBP with a 10.12.1 image (built from the same model) the computer boots up and I immediately get a white square with a spinning gear for several minutes. Then I get the error above. There's no indication of what it's doing and I ca...  View more

3b541e0d5ab34d3b8c5dd1cd4accd9a9
  • 56 replies
  • 0 kudos

A few VPP questions

Hi All,Working on rolling out some VPP apps to our Macs running 10.11 or better so we can use machine based assignment. I have a couple questions that I'm sure have been answered before but having trouble finding anything - please point me in the rig...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Collecting and analyzing crashlogs

I've got a policy that runs in my fleet that collects client-side crash and panic logs every 15 days. Ironically, the JAMF binary crashes the most out of all ofter apps/processes in my fleet. Is anyone else seeing this kind of instability or have adv...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove software before removing Self-Service

Hi all, I am wondering about some way to trigger policies when a user execute sudo jamf removeFramework In fact I would like to avoid users installing Self-Service, getting software from there and then just removing Self-Service and keeping the insta...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote - SSH fails to authenticate

Sending Wake On LAN command... Opening SSH Connection to 10.85.31.22... Authenticating... Authenticating... This question has been proposed before, but my typical actions for resolution are all failing. I've had this fail when the hostname on the mac...  View more

5fc8d5f15c6c4b99bc1d4b7f0d4374fe
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need script help removing fonts

I have a script below that enables me to remove .ttf and .otf fonts from the users directory. It runs fine but when I look at the logs in the jss it doesnt tell me what it removed only that it completed. How can I put something in this script that te...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile - Screen Saver (Sierra)

Hey All - Just got done creating all the images for 10.12.2. Our configuration profile for Login and Password holds the screen saver preference. It worked in El Capitan, yet in Sierra it is defaulting to the message screen saver. The one with the app...  View more

640237a71b194fe8942139ae71fef3be
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Binding to Centrify during Pre-Stage enrollment

Hi All- I've been scratching my head with a certain problem in my environment. My company uses Centrify to bind to Active Directory, and since we do not allow local accounts, it is imperative that the machine get bound to the domain and the user log ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Mapped drive name and adding to favorites

I have a simple SMB mapped drive script that points to a network folder. # Mount the network home mount_script=`/usr/bin/osascript > /dev/null << EOT # tell application "Finder" # activate mount volume "smb://servername/folder/" # end tell EOT` Under...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Profile Manager profiles remotetly

Hi All New here to the Jamf family, just looking for some direction. Prior to getting Jamf we were testing OSX Server with mixed success. Following another OSX Server failure, we started to deploy Profile Managers profiles to manage laptops. The Prof...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ipad locked via vshare

I used vshare for awhile and when anew system update came to my devise i updated it after my ipad was restarted it was locked and asking for apple id and password (the id was starting with s letter ) although i hadnt activated an icloud on my devise ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP and VPP "dos and don'ts"

I'm planning on enrolling into DEP and VPP.JSS 9.96 (most macs are on 10.11.x and 10.12.x) could you please post your DEP and VPP "dos and don'ts" Thank you very much!  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS trying to remove manually installed config profile

Curious if anyone else has run into the problem of the JSS trying to uninstall a manually installed config profile. I created the profile in the JSS, then downloaded it and installed it with help from this post. Everthing works, except I came back to...  View more

e5b2a02db8ba417b8b8a592803b2b728
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JumpCloud auto-assigning user question

Is anyone using JumpCloud and have a way to automate assigning users to specific machines. Currently I only see a way to manually assign a user to a machine after the machine has the JumpCloud agent installed onto it. Which is very annoying since I a...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors