Casper Imaging v9.22 - Not Defaulting to "Default JDS Instance" specified in Network Segments

Josh_S
Contributor III

I have two JDS servers, no other distribution points. For some reason, no matter which "Default JDS Instance" is specified for the network segment that the computer is on, Casper Imaging will default to the first JDS, which is the master. I have tried a couple machines now on different subnets.

After imaging, the client machines seem to be getting packages from the correct JDS, as expected.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the question!

It looks like the behavior you’re seeing falls in line with an open defect we have at the moment (D-006157).

Our development team is aware of it and it’s listed as a planned for release fix, so hopefully we’ll see it fixed soon.

If it’s possible to set up a temporary non-JDS file share until that time, we could use that as a workaround until a fix.

As a workaround, we have found that if a JDS is the master and the DP specified in the Network Segment is a file share based distribution point, the settings in the Network Segment are respected and Imaging will pull from the proper distribution point.

If you have additional questions or would like to have a case opened to have the issue you’re experiencing documented and attached to the defect, please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager.

Thanks!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the question!

It looks like the behavior you’re seeing falls in line with an open defect we have at the moment (D-006157).

Our development team is aware of it and it’s listed as a planned for release fix, so hopefully we’ll see it fixed soon.

If it’s possible to set up a temporary non-JDS file share until that time, we could use that as a workaround until a fix.

As a workaround, we have found that if a JDS is the master and the DP specified in the Network Segment is a file share based distribution point, the settings in the Network Segment are respected and Imaging will pull from the proper distribution point.

If you have additional questions or would like to have a case opened to have the issue you’re experiencing documented and attached to the defect, please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager.

Thanks!

Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

Josh_S
Contributor III

Thank you for the confirmation! Just wanted to make sure what I was seeing was not due to some issue in my environment.