Casper Remote & Casper Events.txt file on Desktop?

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

Okay, maybe we just missed this in the last 6 months of using Casper Suite, but we recently started seeing a Casper Events.txt file appear on our Desktop when we run Casper Remote.

Is this normal? Is there a way to dump it somewhere else?

9 REPLIES 9

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

bump

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

Ditto for me!

JSS 9.24 and Mavericks.9.4

Never saw it before.
-p

Rosko
Contributor II
Contributor II

This was a defect in v9.23, however in my case it was a bad install of the caper tools.

Re-download them from JAMF Nation after deleting the old ones and the problem should be solved. If you are installing from a policy, you will need to repackage those apps.

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

I unpacked the .dmg and copied over a clean Casper apps.
That solved it!

Thanks!!

-pat

SeanA
Contributor III

Reporting a one-time observance of a creation of a "Casper Events.txt" file on the Desktop.

It occurred after initial installation of Casper Suite 9.101.4 tools on a Lab computer and after I launched both Casper Admin and Casper Remote.

Spent a few minutes trying to recreate the behavior on the same Lab computer (and another Lab computer), but the behavior did not happen again.

So, more fluke than pattern, unless someone else reports this happening to them as well.

diradmin
Contributor II

Encountered this recently upon launching of Jamf Remote 10.7.1. Noted that the Casper Events.txt created file contained sensitive information relating to my Jamf Pro server, such as management account credentials (password in plain text), etc.

Escalating to Jamf Support.

mcfarlandp
New Contributor III

@stephen.perry-GS we have seen the same behavior on one machine here. how many have you seen it on?

diradmin
Contributor II

@mcfarlandp >>how many have you seen it on? Enough.

mcfarlandp
New Contributor III

Just one so far.