Casper Suite 9.92 Won't Open on 10.11.5

EP922
New Contributor

We recently upgraded our JSS to 9.92 in our school district. I have version 9.92 of the Casper Suite installed on my iMac running 10.11.5 and it opens just fine. On my MacBook Pro, which is also running 10.11.5, I get an error message:

You can't open the application "Casper Admin.app" because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Casper Admin, Casper Imaging, and Casper Remote have the prohibited sign on them. Recon and Composer will launch just fine.

Any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

That's weird. Have you tried recopying them over from the latest original Casper Suite disk image, meaning, re-installing them? I not, I'd try that before doing anything else, as it sounds like they became corrupted.
Have you used any kind of resource slimming tools on that Mac, like Monolingual or something similar?

mlavine
Contributor

When I see that "PowerPC applications are no longer supported" message I find it is usually caused by the app launcher file in the bundle not having permission to execute.

I suggest redownloading the Casper Suite disk image from JAMF and using those.

EP922
New Contributor

No slimming tools used. I reinstalled the Suite into my Applications folder this time and it is working. In the past, and on the iMac currently, I have the Suite in my Documents folder. It is working from my Applications folder now.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

OK, glad to hear its working now. I doubt it has anything to do with where it was reinstalled to over the simple fact that it was reinstalled. Casper Suite admin apps really shouldn't care at all if they are launched from ~/Documents as opposed to /Applications as far as I know.

lizmowens
New Contributor III

Having the exact same issue. Have downloaded and reinstalled twice now. Sigh.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@lizmowens odd. Any proxies in use?

I've installed & used 9.92+ at various different sites on 10.11.5+ & not seen this at any of them.

mfavela
New Contributor

I was having the same issue after upgrading to v9.96. A restart of my mac fixed the issue.