Casper Suite and Apple Configurator 2

kyoung
Contributor

We are mostly an OS X laptop site. We are starting to acquire enough iOS devices to think about managing them with Casper. Do I need Configurator for anything? Can I get away with using Casper for all our management needs? Does anyone have enough time with Config 2 to be able to say if that would be the better place to be even if Casper could do it all. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iOSGenius
New Contributor III

Hi Kyoung, well yes i use 100% Casper for my iOS devices support over 600 of them and it works pretty darn great better than i expected it would do. So you can do two ways about it enrolling them via Apple Configurator v2 or if your devices are already enrolled into DEP from apple.

So i guess that answers your question,except a tidbit i suggest use Config v2 to update all your iOS Devices to 9.1 it is the best and easy way to do it.

If your not sure how been uploading tutorial videos on my youtube channel - AppleiOSGenius or iOSGenius

Ciao,
www.iOSGenius.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

iOSGenius
New Contributor III

Hi Kyoung, well yes i use 100% Casper for my iOS devices support over 600 of them and it works pretty darn great better than i expected it would do. So you can do two ways about it enrolling them via Apple Configurator v2 or if your devices are already enrolled into DEP from apple.

So i guess that answers your question,except a tidbit i suggest use Config v2 to update all your iOS Devices to 9.1 it is the best and easy way to do it.

If your not sure how been uploading tutorial videos on my youtube channel - AppleiOSGenius or iOSGenius

Ciao,
www.iOSGenius.com