Change JDS URL?

peterj04
New Contributor

I know I can uninstall a JDS instance from this article here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=340 , but I was wondering if anyone knows an easy way to simply update just the JDS URL without having to uninstall and reinstall? Is there an XML file maybe?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

justinrummel
Contributor III

I believe the file you are looking for is /usr/local/jds/conf/jamfds.conf (for linux, find the same file for Mac in the kbase article)

However, since JDS uses certificate based authentication, I don't think simply changing the name will work. I have never tried this, but I would quickly uninstall / reinstall to ensure everything is set. With your files already in the JDS, it should complete quickly and ready for production.

- Justin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

justinrummel
Contributor III

I believe the file you are looking for is /usr/local/jds/conf/jamfds.conf (for linux, find the same file for Mac in the kbase article)

However, since JDS uses certificate based authentication, I don't think simply changing the name will work. I have never tried this, but I would quickly uninstall / reinstall to ensure everything is set. With your files already in the JDS, it should complete quickly and ready for production.

- Justin

peterj04
New Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply. Good point about the certificate authentication. To be safe, I will run the uninstall / reinstall method.

Josh_S
Contributor III

I've done this a few times, mistyped hostnames or just copy/pasting from the wrong line. You don't even need to uninstall. Just run the installer again, specifying the correct hostname, and everything should just work. The JDS will just reverify the contents of the share and then start checking in for JDS policies.