iPads in DEP but not in PreStage Enrollment Scope

caseybones
New Contributor

We are experiencing an issue in which iPads that have been successfully entered into the Apple DEP through deploy.apple.com DO show up as successfully enrolled under Global Management>Device Enrollment Program>Apple Deployment Program>Devices but do NOT show up in scope for ANY PreStage enrollment. They are simply not there.

In some instances these are devices that were previously successfully scoped to specific PreStage enrollments but now do not show up in those PreStage enrollments or any others. In other cases these are devices that have never been assigned to a PreStage enrollment but have been entered through deploy.apple.com and show up under Devices in the Global Management DEP settings previously mentioned.

We generated a new Public key through the JSS and added it to deploy.apple.com. We also created a new Server Token through deploy.apple.com and added it to the JSS. I also created a test PreStage enrollment to see if maybe somehow there was just something wrong with the few we already have. But after waiting over an hour and refreshing every PreStage enrollment manually these devices are still not showing up in scope and cannot be assigned to a PreStage enrollment. It's completely infuriating.

Has anyone else come across this or a similar issue? Does anyone know of a fix or workaround? Until we can get these iPads to show up and be assigned to PreStage enrollments they can't be managed properly and are essentially dead in the water.

Thanks,
Casey

1 REPLY 1

qhle373
Contributor

I think overall it sounds like something is up in communication with either your JSS or possibly DEP (the latter of which seems more likely).

Up until recently, any devices we enrolled into DEP took at least a day before they would show up in our PreStage to scope. They always showed up eventually though.

I've just got some specific questions as they would be things I would be looking at on my end in that situation.

How are you searching for the devices while in your PreStage? I ask because by Serial has been the best way to find them although I've activated other inventory fields to make it easier to search elsewhere.

Is it possible that the devices were disowned? I'm almost 100% positive that if they were disowned, they wouldn't show up under Global Management > Device Enrollment Program either, but you just never know.

Chances are none of these are the case for you, but maybe it may help. Good luck.