Chrome Manifest error

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Since the upgrade from our 8.x environment to the 9.x JSS, we lost our MCX configurations for Chrome. Any attempt to re-import the .manifest has resulted in an error indicating "No settings were found." I've tried it from 3 different mac workstations, all running different OS flavors, and some managed some not. Different releases of Chrome, also. Any thoughts?

external image link

I am using the manifest located at: /Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/Resources/com.google.Chrome.manifest/Contents/Resources/com.google.Chrome.manifest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zach
New Contributor III

@easyedc-

It looks like the version attribute in the Chrome manifest is a "string" and not a "real". This is causing a problem when the JSS tries to parse the manifest. We're looking at getting this fixed in a future release, but for now, you can make the following change in the manifest file using TextEdit or another text editor:

Change:

<key>pfm_version</key> <string>1</string>

to:

<key>pfm_version</key> <real>1</real>

Hope that helps!
z

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

zach
New Contributor III

@easyedc-

It looks like the version attribute in the Chrome manifest is a "string" and not a "real". This is causing a problem when the JSS tries to parse the manifest. We're looking at getting this fixed in a future release, but for now, you can make the following change in the manifest file using TextEdit or another text editor:

Change:

<key>pfm_version</key> <string>1</string>

to:

<key>pfm_version</key> <real>1</real>

Hope that helps!
z

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Thanks @zach. Worked like charm. Now I just get to rebuild my manifest.

jrserapio
Contributor

I have tried this and it indeed does work. The only problem i get is all the keys are blank. external image link
If i actually click the plus, they key shows up. Is this normal behavior for this method?
external image link

Thanks in advance.

russeller
Contributor III

I noticed the same behavior as @jrserapio
Have you tried to apply the settings? Do they still work?

josaxo
New Contributor

I am experiencing the same issue with the blank entries... any fixes for this?
Thanks!

mkachtan
New Contributor

@josaxo][/url

This is going to sound ridiculous, and is in no way a fix, but I created a managed pref with this manifest file scoped to no one and expanded all of the keys. This way whenever I need to use a key I simply clone the managed pref and deselect all of the keys I don't need.

bcourtade
New Contributor III

Give this a try, I filled in all of the titles that Google left blank.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProduct.html?id=73&view=managedPreferences

FritzsCorner
Contributor III

@bcourtade

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I was just about to do the same thing when I saw your post. Saved me a bit of time. :)

matt_jamison
Contributor

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the string is for some of these settings. I'm trying to set the RegisteredProcolHandlers for mailto and set it to: https://mail.google.com/mail/?extsrc=mailto&url=%s

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

@bcourtade The pfm_title is duplicated in your manifest. The second one is blank, so when it is imported into the JSS, it does not have a title.

bcourtade
New Contributor III

Thanks for the heads up. I've updated the file.