Chrome Not Installing

sdrake
New Contributor III

We just went through JumpStart for MacOS and I'm struggling to get our Chrome package to install properly. Maybe an issue with the package itself? We have a smart group to look for computers without Chrome installed. I did figure out that I had to install Rosetta 2 first, but the Chrome policy appears to be successful, but then Chrome just isn't installed. I added Chrome to Self Service and tried running it and it says it finishes, but Chrome is no where to be found.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdrake
New Contributor III

Nevermind, figured it out! It was a multi-layered issue where Rosetta 2 wasn't installed yet, and then even though I had it installed, the policy had reached it's max failed attempts so I had to clear that and then it worked.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

robertliebsch
Contributor

Can you tail -f /var/log/jamf.log
I have a machine I'm trying to enroll now and the install script is failing repeatedly. Does the log say the asset isn't available?

sdrake
New Contributor III

@robertliebsch I'm sorry, I'm really new at all this and don't understand the first part. The computer is enrolled and shows up in the smart group as not having Chrome installed, so when I try to run the install, it says it's complete but I don't see Chrome and it just stays in the smart group.

sdrake
New Contributor III

Nevermind, figured it out! It was a multi-layered issue where Rosetta 2 wasn't installed yet, and then even though I had it installed, the policy had reached it's max failed attempts so I had to clear that and then it worked.