Chrome Policies fail to enforce after new login

jasdaw
New Contributor II

I have a Chrome extension blacklist and whitelist deployed as a Configuration Profile via Jamf Pro. (i.e. uploaded a .plist as a Custom Settings payload for Configuration Profiles.

When first deployed and pushed out, the policy works as intended. However, when I log out and back in, the policies are no longer affecting Chrome, and no longer show on chrome://policy.

Note: The Whitelisted extensions are for testing and this is only scoped to a single computer while I figure this out. I also realize that the UninstallBlacklistedExtensions will not be supported until Chrome version 75.

Any thoughts on what I am missing or executing incorrectly?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plit PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
   <key>ExtensionInstallBlacklist</key>
   <array>
      <string>*</string>
   </array> 
   <key>ExtensionInstallWhitelist</key>
   <array>
      <string>cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm</string><!-->uBlock Origin<-->
      <string>ghbmnnjooekpmoecnnnilnnbdlolhkhi</string><!-->Google Docs Offline<-->
      <string>gbkeegbaiigmenfmjfclcdgdpimamgkj</string><!-->Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides<-->
   </array>
   <key>UninstallBlacklistedExtensions</key>
   <true/>
</dict>
</plist>
1 REPLY 1

jasdaw
New Contributor II

Solved.

I was busy and forgot to log in with MDM controls enabled on the managed account. Silly error on my part. Left here for posterity.