Chrome "RestrictSigninToPattern" not taking affect

seth_martinsen
New Contributor II

I am at a loss with this issue. I have uploaded a PLIST to JAMF and I am scoping it to my test machine. Chrome is showing that the policy is taking affect but it is not being enforced. ( I have attached a screen shot of the policy within Chrome).

Here is the PLIST that I have configured

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict> <key>RestrictSigninToPattern</key> <array> <string>scsd2.com</string> </array>
</dict>
</plist>

Anyone who could offer some advice would be greatly appreciated.

48141127906149acbe61d7a816d212a2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Merkley
New Contributor III

I saw this post and didn't realize I could be doing this with our student machines, so I decided to play with it. When I first set this up, I was getting the same error you had. I decided to just try removing it from an array and it worked. So my plist for the restriction looks like this:

<key>RestrictSigninToPattern</key>
string>*@mydomain.com</string

Once I just removed the <array></array> from my plist for the RestrictSigninToPattern key, it worked as expected.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Merkley
New Contributor III

I saw this post and didn't realize I could be doing this with our student machines, so I decided to play with it. When I first set this up, I was getting the same error you had. I decided to just try removing it from an array and it worked. So my plist for the restriction looks like this:

string>*@mydomain.com</string

Once I just removed the <array></array> from my plist for the RestrictSigninToPattern key, it worked as expected.

seth_martinsen
New Contributor II

That did the trick!

Thanks for your help, I was running short on time to get this working.

Its greatly appreciated.

ctorresrahhc
New Contributor

Old post, but has anyone had success with using the array for this policy? I have 3 domains that users across the company have that would need to be used and want to restrict to these 3. I can get it to work fine when implementing foir one domain but when using an array for 3 it doesn't work. The actual profile looks like it should work but does not.

mtk
New Contributor III

Ever find a solution for this? 

mtk
New Contributor III

Did some additional Googling, found this works:

<string>(.*@students.domain.org|.*@domain.org)</string>