Cisco AnyConnect VPN Management Tunnel

abrown_admin
New Contributor

Hello, we use Cisco AnyConnect 5 on our Mac systems. The one feature I've been unable to get working so far is our VPN management tunnel. We have the management tunnel configured by an XML file on our Windows systems but I can't find any information on where exactly it should go in MacOS (we're running 13.5.2) or how I can use Jamf to push this profile to make sure the management tunnel connects, even before login if possible.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

We moved off of AnyConnect 4-5 months ago. If I remember correctly the .xml files in /Opt/Cisco/AnyConnect/filename.xml. You should just be able to package the xml and push it from JAMF, though absolutely verify the path.

You may be able to configure everything on your ASA, and it should download all the bits on next authentication. Once its on the device you can try to track down the exact file name.

I found this path in the link below.

Windows:  C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\MgmtTun
macOS:  /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/mgmttun/

Configure AnyConnect Management VPN Tunnel on ASA - Cisco

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

We moved off of AnyConnect 4-5 months ago. If I remember correctly the .xml files in /Opt/Cisco/AnyConnect/filename.xml. You should just be able to package the xml and push it from JAMF, though absolutely verify the path.

You may be able to configure everything on your ASA, and it should download all the bits on next authentication. Once its on the device you can try to track down the exact file name.

I found this path in the link below.

Windows:  C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Profile\MgmtTun
macOS:  /opt/cisco/anyconnect/profile/mgmttun/

Configure AnyConnect Management VPN Tunnel on ASA - Cisco

Thanks!! I'll give that a try.

abrown_admin
New Contributor

The management tunnel is working finally!

Now I just need to figure out how to push the XML to the others using Jamf. I'm assuming it might need a package built with composer...

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Yep, you would toss the xml in to composer and build a package. Then upload the package to JAMF and deploy. When you need to update the file later on, repeat the process.