Community- KB

ImAMacGuy
Valued Contributor II

I was reading the KB on deploying lion (presumably the same one that went out earlier from Jamf. In the steps below "Step 3. Upload the recovery partition package..." but you don't talk about how to create it until steps 4-whatever. Is it just out of sequence or is there a recovery hd package I'm missing?

1. Upload the Recovery HD package to Casper Admin. See "Managing Packages" in your product Administrator's Guide for more information.
  2. Package a Recovery HD using Composer or a third-party package building tool. If you are using Composer, make sue to build an OS package. See the "Building an OS Package" section in the Casper Suite Administrator's Guide for more information.
  3. Open Terminal and execute the following command to reveal the Recovery HD: sudo diskutil mount disk0s3
  4. Open Composer and navigate to Create OS Package. For complete instructions, see "Packaging the OS" section of the Casper Suite Administrator's Guide.
  5. Select the Recovery HD package and save it as a DMG package.
  6. Use Casper Admin to upload the OS package (.dmg).

That being said, could we use instaDMG to create the main OS partition if we follow steps 4-xx to create the recovery?
Sounds like an exciting project for me to work on today!

John Wojda
Lead System Engineer, DEI & Mobility
3333 Beverly Rd.  B2-338B
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
Phone:  (847)286-7855
Page:  (224)532.3447
Team Lead DEI: Matt Beiriger
Team Lead Mobility: Chris Sta Ana
                   Mac Tip/Tricks/Self Service & Support

"Any time you choose to be inflexible in your approach to an unpredictable project you are already building failure into your plan"

0 REPLIES 0