Composer 10.2.1 not working

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Installed Composer 10.2.1 (by dragging to applications folder) on a fresh 10.11.6 system
double click to launch it. Asks for Password, press enter, launches new icon in doc. Then nothing.
Go to composer file menu, then composer window pops up and says its taking a snap shot??
If I click on new it opens the choose method window but has no icons to click on.
Any idea what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Phantom5
Contributor II

Oh, the same happened to make and had me running circles for a couple of days, until I realized I had a disk image mounted on my desktop. Once I unmounted the image Composer started working as expected. Based on other posts, I think it still has something to do with Spotlight, so check if you have any external volumes mounted.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

See this post. I had a similar problem. Re-indexing the hard drive fixed it.

Phantom5
Contributor II

Oh, the same happened to make and had me running circles for a couple of days, until I realized I had a disk image mounted on my desktop. Once I unmounted the image Composer started working as expected. Based on other posts, I think it still has something to do with Spotlight, so check if you have any external volumes mounted.

BCPeteo
Contributor II

Thanks I also had a disk image mounted. un-mounting this fixed the issue

tommrkr
New Contributor II

Worked for me as well, thanks!