Composer 10.30.x issues with macOS 11

bmack99
Contributor III

I have an .app bundle contained in a .dmg that I am trying to package to deploy to our fleet of machines to the /Applications directory. When I package this via composer utilizing either drag and drop from /Applications to Composer, or via normal snapshot and drag from the .dmg to /Applications I get a usable package that installs fine on 10.15.7 machines. However, when this same package is run(manually or via policy in Jamf Pro) on a macOS 11.x machine the installation to /Applications is literally zero KB and is an unusable "shell" of the .app bundle. The icon is greyed out with a crossed out circle in it(indicating nothing is there).

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why, has anyone else experienced this/know a fix/workaround?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@bmack99 It seems to be working when I create a pkg installer and modify the owner/group to root/wheel and set permissions properly.   I will bet its a permissions issue.  Make sure to set (and click apply to permissions to all enclosed items) and it should work properly.  See below:

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.09.28 AM.png

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Whats the app?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

hey @GabeShack it is the Mersive Solstice app, available here: Mersive Solstice App Downloads

www.mersive.com/download/ 

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@bmack99 It seems to be working when I create a pkg installer and modify the owner/group to root/wheel and set permissions properly.   I will bet its a permissions issue.  Make sure to set (and click apply to permissions to all enclosed items) and it should work properly.  See below:

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.09.28 AM.png

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Thanks a bunch Gabe, this did the trick. I honestly never even noticed the option to change permissions, I've packaged quite a few packages through composer too. Thanks again for the help!

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@bmack99 

I should probably show you this one as well just in case: 

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 11.24.39 AM.png

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools